1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

bloodline question

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Lunchbox, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

Can someone tell me someplace to go to read up on different types of bloodlines. I've never really thought of it before I started going to different boards & seeing people talk about it.
    The lady I bought my Lou off of said his dad had "german" bloodlines that is why he was the size he was. His dad was around 100 pounds. Huge block-head beautiful dog. I didnt really doubt her since she had a thick german accent & lived on base. I do understand now she was probably full of stuff. Either way it doesnt matter, I just want to be more informed.

2. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I would say she is full of it for sure. There isn't anything known as a German Pit Bull, there are American Pit Bull Terriers but people will try to say anything. His size is probably atributed to adding another breed in. Its not from being of some foreign blood? Pit Bulls are banned over in Germany, they are not allowed to breed them and it was horible over there!!! There was some fake lady selling pups from a "German Line" not too long ago, she also claimed the bloodline was Warlock but when asked what this great worklock dog has done no answer she just wanted to argue the fact. A warlock is a Rott/APBT cross, but as a pure dog it is a poorly bred dog, bred for size above all else and known as a warlock whatever, like the warlock Rottweiler, the Warlock GSDs and the Warlock Dobie so is the Warlock Pit Bull (which is confusing b/c of the named cross) it is no more German than any other APBT.

As far as reading up on bloodlines I'm not really sure. There are always specifci dogs you can read about that attributed to or is the base of some bloodline. You can read some of R. Strattons books to find info on bloodlines and the dogs and try this site on the web. http://www.angelfire.com/ca/realdogs/mredboy.html It has info about the redboy line. http://www.angelfire.com/ca/realdogs/redboy.html

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

*nevermind* It seems you can get anything papered these days.

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Why do you say that? B/c of all the paper hanging? Or new info? These days we're working to make it harder to have false registration.

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I have papers through the ADBA for my pup. So I'm like my pup cant be mixed with nothing even though he is 5 months old & 45lbs. I like to run around the net looking at other dogs & kennels. I ran across dogs which obviously some kind of pit mix but they are papered through the ADBA. It isnt just one place either. Anyway here is a pic of my pup at 3 mtnhs old. It is a bad pic since it was taken the same day we brought him home from getting his ears cropped. Thats why he has the sad face.

[​IMG]

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Your pup looks a lot like my dog Reese. Same color with the white on the chest. He also has one back foot with white on the tip of his toes. Reese if full grown and weighs 50lbs.[​IMG]

7. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Thats what I thought, yeah there are a lot of kennels and dogs like this. Very sad but true. Thats one reason why I like to buy from breeders I know and have known the dogs, which still doesn't promise that everything is correct on the pedigree. Please post your dogs pedigree? That way we can be of some help, better than researching and trying to find the lines. If you post the pedigree then maybe we can tell you something about them.

8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

I'm going to call the breeder since I dont have his papers back from ADBA yet.

9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

Ok I talked to the husband of the lady I bought him from. These are his dogs. He said the blood lines come from here.

http://www.ironlinekennels.com/Page_1x.html

Here is his pedigree.

dad's side

DAD- Moonlight's Twister

DAD's MOM- Moonlight's Bonnie

DAD's POP- Top Gun's Maverick

mom's side

MOM- Moonlight's Paige

MOM's DAD- Harris' Mighty Thor

MOM's MOM- Allen's Brown Sugar

Thats all I have at the moment. So, anyone hear of these?[/url]

10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox New Member

Maybe this is were she got the german thing from.

http://www.hund.ch/zuechter/zpages/z2560.htm

I dunno. He said something about a kennel shipping dogs over there & that is were he picked up the dad while stationed there. But you just said pits arent allowed to breed there. This is getting confusing. :?

11. Sara

Sara New Member

APBT's are confusing when you get into bloodlines... even if you throw out the possibility of bogus ones.

Even my Rare breed with a nightmare of physical problems and no real "lines" to speak of are easier to deal with when it comes to lineage than lots of APBT's out there... Don't feel bad the confusion is a common occurance.

12. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

As far as ironline kennels they have good Ol' American Pit Bull Terrier american made, american bloodlines. They have Red Boy, Red Devil, OFRN and some Turtlebuster/Fargo. Their CH Dutchess is supposedly the only female who is both pit CH and show CH, of course not everyone reports but they still claim it. I didn't recognize any of the dogs in the pedigree, I'll have to wait until you get his papers back. Maybe there were some there sent back here, such as the stud. They are outlawed there, but some breeders sent their dogs back here soon as they could. But still there wouldn't be any german line, they would be the same bloodline just shipped back over here. Sometimes people really don't know what they are talking about, sounds like this lady may be one of them?

13. JJ Luchiano

JJ Luchiano New Member

Try to do searches on www.google.com for bloodlines. I have alot of different bloodlines on my message board and web site that I've found and compiled a list. It's just alot of research and knowledge of the lines. You want to go back like 16 generations to make sure there isn't any funny stuff mixed in there like AmStaff, American Bulldog, etc. Best case, just stick to what you know is true APBT.

14. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Can you post the link to your board n site, please?

I know dogs that have AmStaff in the 5th n 6th generation, whats wrong with this? An AmStaff is registerable as an APBT therefore they are bred together. How would researching tell you if the dog had been mixed? The falsified papers don't list them as being a mix, so I'm just wondering. If its just something you have to know about the dog? Like say whopper for instance is supposed to be pure but everyone knows he was not, therefore by looking back and seeing Whopper you know the dog isn't pure? Is it just something you have to know about a line/dog? Something thats in the 16th generation in most cases doesn't much matter anymore.