1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

blue german ram cichlid

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Dec 31, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i just got a ram cichlid i would like to noe how many i can keep in a 29 gallon?

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

are they the only fish that are going to be in the tank if so 7 to 10 then you could put some oto's for the clean up crew

3. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

i was also thinking of getting some german blue rams. Can a pair of rams and a pair of pygmy cories live in a 10 gallon. I've heard a pair can live peacfully in a 10 gallon but could i add the 2 cories.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

For the 29: If it were my tank, I'd have 2 pairs at the most (they can be a bit territorial) with a school of about 4 - 5 cories and about 5 or 6 small tetras (you could go with about 10 if they're the really small tetras like neons).

For a 10: As long as the rams don't get hyper aggressive or territorial, I think a 10 gallon should be able to house a pair and about 3, maybe 4, pygmy cories.

In both cases, I'd either make it a fairly heavily planted tank or at least have a lot of silk plants.

-Chelle

5. lil shant

lil shant New Member

do the silk plants enhance their colors

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Not that I'm aware of, but it provides some cover and markers for establishing territories.

-Chelle

7. lil shant

lil shant New Member

the new ram that i go is thriving but i just noticed ich on it can u tell me how to use the medication and will it harm the other fish without ich?

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What other fish are in there? Just rams?

Some fish are sensitive to certain ich meds.

-Chelle

9. lil shant

lil shant New Member

mollies tetras guppies swordtails a pair of each and a clown peleco which has ich 2

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Plecos and tetras can be sensitive to some ich meds. Rid Ich is supposed to be safe, though.

-Chelle