1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

blue water at petsmart?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tuttifrutti, Jan 5, 2007.

1. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

ok, i just bought a new female beta to maintain the balance in the tank, since i had to take an overly aggressive female out. anyway, why exactly does petsmart keep all of their betas in blue water? i have heard that it was for color, but i personally hate the blue water because i have a nigh on impossible time of distinguishing the color of the fish. obviously i choose first on personality, but when i find several of different colors who have good personalities, i try to pick one that has a vibrant color and who would be a different color from my other betas. anyway, what purpose does this blue water serve?

2. Alasse

Alasse New Member

The water has medication in it......they may be using it as a preventative

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

H tuttifrutti, It is common for shops to use Methlyn Blue in the water for Bettas. It is used as a prophylaxis to keep them from developing fungus especially fin and tail rot.

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

ah, ok. thank you. that makes me feel much better about continuing to purchase my betas there.