1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Boston/Pug BUG mix with Eye problem...PLZ HELP!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by sanewman, Apr 19, 2005.

1. sanewman

sanewman New Member

I just got a new Pug/Boston mix yesterday, and he's 4 monthes old. Yesterday i noticed almost like a little red thing in his eye, but just thought it was a vein or something and shrugged it off. When i left for school this morning he was fine, but when i came hope approx. 3 hours later, there is a pink growth on his left eye, about the size of a large pea. I think its attached the the cornea b/c he can still move his eye around and blink. What is it!? I set up an appointment for tomorrow, hopefully his eye will be ok and it can wait until then. If anyone knows anything about what this is could they please help me!!??

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

When you say he can still move his eye does it move with the eyeball? or is it as though its attached to his eyelid (sorry Im not quite clear on that). If its on his eyelid it could be a couple of things, anything from an ingrowing eyelash that caused a cyst, cherry eye (would be my guess), debris/foreign body thats stuck in there and caused swelling and possibly infection. If its actually attached to the eyeball itself, I dont know, :?
    Either way your doing the right thing getting him checked out for this tomorrow.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks.

3. sanewman

sanewman New Member

Eye problem temporarily gone....

Yeah, i think it's attached to his lid... and i think it was the last thing you said witht he debri, because it's almost four now, and its gone, but there's what looks like a little "eye booger" you would call it by his eye where it was, but im still getting him looked at tomorrow even though his eye problem "seems" to be gone now. thank you SOOO much for your help and wisdom though! and i'll post again tomorrow and let you know what it was!

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

You could also clean out his eye with some colyrium eye wash. Or sterile water. What did the vet say?

5. sanewman

sanewman New Member

got the verdict....kind of

So.... I went to the vet today. And it WAS cherry eye. Either that or the begginings of an URI (upper respritory infection). But, they really don't think its that, they're leaning more towards the cherry eye, and its common, it can come and go, and only gets serious if it gets really infected, whch his isn't....becuase its gone :eek: . So she'll just follow up with me in a few and see how he's doing. So YAY i think he's fine.

Thank all of you soooo much for your help and concern!

~One Happy Bug Mommy

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Oh good, keep his eye clean and infection free and he won't have to go thru suregery. At the site if any sort of discharge with your dog I would get it taken care of right away so's it does not lead to the cherry eye.