1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bottom feeders

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by oscarboi, Oct 13, 2004.

1. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

Just wanted to know what are good bottom feeders for a tank with 2 silver dollars, 5 black skirt tetras and a neon.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What size is the tank?

You should add about 5 or 6 more neons since they're schooling fish.

-Chelle

3. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

We need to know the size of the tank. But plecos and cories are great bottom feeders. The cories are very very active and fun to watch. they like to be in groups, too, or three minimum, five preferably.

How big is your tank?

4. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

Theyre in a 55g tank. I originally had 6 neons but the silver dollars ate them.

5. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

55 is SUCH a great size tank, and gives you so many possibilities.

Plecos (in the catfish fam) are so fascinating. I have a zebra, two gold nuggets, one tiger, one leopard, one bristlenose starlight and a clown. As you can see, they are very "collectible". Make sure you choose ones that will stay small. Check out http://planetcatfish.com/ for some ideas.

I'd also consider a group of cories. The sterbies are beautiful. Check the net to look at some different types. I've got three albinos and two larger striped ones (I forgot the name!!) but they all hang together and are fun.

Oh, also, consider maybe five clown loaches. I got mine when they were small, and they're about three to four inches now. They are also a schooling fish and you'll need about five for them to be happy. They have a funny cat face and are very active and great for a community tank!

[​IMG]
    My gold nugget pleco (upside down), clown loaches and blood parrot

6. dude412

dude412 New Member

jus want to say pekemon nice blood parot (jelly) i have mine hes more more yellowish and creamy how old is yours?????? and i tried feeding mine vegies on a rock like ya said but ho didnt eat ot he nipped at it a little but not much

7. fishdude

fishdude New Member

heres a list:
    syno catfish
    clown loaches
    kulie loaches
    corydoras catfish
    pleckos
    flying foxes(not siamese flying foxes)
    otocinclus cats

do you want botom dwellers that spend most of their time there or real bottom dwelers such as catfish and loaches? if you want botom dwellers that spend most of their time there then i sugest any anataboid. betta splendens females hang around the bottom most of the time, only surfacing to get air. and if you put a larg peice of driftwood in that has a crevis underneath then they will make that their home.