1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Breed-specific legislation & mixes

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by t_chelle16, Dec 16, 2005.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I love pits (had them when I was little and have friends with them). I would love to have one one of theses days, but I am a bit afraid of BSL (not where I currently live, but I plan on moving somewhere - don't know where - in the next couple of years). Do most of the laws against pit bulls also include mixes? Or is it mainly pure-breds? Or does it just depend on the city?

-Chelle

2. ACO

ACO New Member

Here in Toronto a mixed breed dog is still included in the by law. Our by law states that the following are included....

For the purposes of Bill 132, the law defines a "pit bull" as a
    pit bull terrier, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, an American
    Staffordshire Terrier, an American Pit Bull Terrier, or a dog
    that has an appearance and physical characteristics that are
    substantially similar to those dogs.

So really....what does substantially similar mean??? Some people would say that a Boxer is similar to a pitty because they have short hair and muscles...

The short answer to your question is that here...if your dog is mixed and looks more like a pitty then it is included.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That is so dumb. :x

Hmmm . . . collies have fur like pit bulls, let's ban them too! :roll:

-Chelle