1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Breeding Bettas......... Any tips?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Me and my friend are planning on breeding Bettas, We know they have to be of same String and the basics. Anyone got any tips or experiance they would like to pass down???

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

This is one of the best things ive read, It describes how much of a pain in the ares and how complex breeding bettas is. Ontop of that you need to find a home for ur bettas and like 99% of LFS wont take common VT bettas. If your going to breed bettas get high quility Fancy ones so you wont have trouble selling them.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37944

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

http://flippersandfins.net/BettaBreedingArticle.htm (very good article written by the owner of Colorado Crowntails. She has TONS of experience breeding bettas).

But like M_wm said, breeding bettas is really difficult and requires a lot of time and space. Bettas can produce hundreds of fry and as they grow, they will eventually need their own separate containers which will take up tons of space and likely require water changes every other day.

-Chelle

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I tried it, and gave up. I was having a very hard time getting the males to accept the females, and then, though i had read it was easy without all of the equipment, i thought about getting some equipment, but that would've been more than i was willing to spend. but if you really want to and have the space, time, and money, then i would try it. i still think it would be cool, but...i had my chance.

5. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Thx for info, we werent gonna breed VTs we know what they are and we know most stores dont take them, we wana breed crowntails prefeerably Red, green or yellow.