1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

breeding budgies!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by BirdDude, Jun 3, 2004.

1. BirdDude

BirdDude New Member

hi. i need help breeding my budgies. my male is about 4 months old and my female 5 months, i bought them a nest box and the female hasn't gone in yet. i bought it two days ago. my questions are, are they to young to breed? when will the female go in the nest box?

dionel

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've heard that budgies become sexually mature at about 3-4 months but that you should wait until they're about 1 year old atleast to start breeding.

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yes I also agree with him, really I don't think that you should allow them to breed at such a young age. I think I heard that it may have some kind of negative influence on the parents ability to raise the chicks or being able to produce healthy chicks, but don't quote me on that!