1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Breeding my two Budgies

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Psycho, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Psycho

Psycho New Member

I bought a Breeding box yesterday, I dont know if the 2 budgies are male or female yet but they always kiss (They always open there mouth and make out sorta thing)

Does that mean they are opposite sex?

How old do budgies have to be to mate?

I am not selling or giving the babys away, I am going to tame them and groom them to sell them for a higher price :)

Thanks for all your help :)

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Breeding to make money is not the answer.

Firstly i say this to everyone if you do not know the sex and at what age birds should be before allowing them to breed then you should not be doing it.

Male budgies have either a purple cere or blue ( cere fleshy part above the beak)

Females will have a white, cream, tan, and when in breeding mode will have a very dark brown crusty looking cere.

Both male and female should be atleast 2years old before allowing them to breed.

Cuttlefish bone and mineral block should be attached to the inside of the cage at all times as the female needs these especially during the egg laying process as if she has a calcium deficiency this will result in egg binding which is fatal, soft shells, dead chicks the list goes on.

Do as much research as you can before breeding bothe parents need to free from any defects or illnesses...

Mike