1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

BRINDLE BLACK AND WHITE STRIPES

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by hurtbroskennel, Jul 31, 2006.

1. hurtbroskennel

hurtbroskennel New Member

HAS ANY ONE EVER SEEN A BLACK AND WHITE BRINDLE PIT BULL I MEAN I HAVE SEEN BLACK AND TAN ,RED AND FAWN,AND EVEN BLUE BRINDLE PITS BUT NEVER STRAIGHT BLACK AND WHITE BRINDLE PATTERNS HAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN THIS PATTERN >? IS IT POSSIBLE?

2. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

If my understanding of the inheritance of coat color is correct, particularly the inheritance of white, no I don't think it's possible.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Are you talking about a Pit Bull that looks like a Zebra? If so that is not genetically possible because the way brindle is created and inherited and how white is created and inherited are totally seperate. There was a dog that was close with very light cream color(where it is washed out and looks almost white) and very dark stripes and one that was like a tiger where it was darker orange color, these were of Heinzl breeding, pretty uniqie. Haven't seen others like it.

4. BRINDLE SQUAD

BRINDLE SQUAD New Member

I'VE SEEN SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT...

I'VE SEEN A VERY LIGHT BEIGE/TAN BRINDLE WITH BLACK STRIPES...CLOSEST THING TO WHAT YOUR'RE TALKING ABOUT...THE DOG LOOKED LIKE A TIGER...I MEAN IT WAS VERY LIGHT AND THE STRIPES WERE VERY BLACK AND PROMINENT...WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THOUGH...A WHITE SIBERIAN TIGER BRINDLE(LOL!)...I'VE ALSO SEEN A VERY ORANGE BRINDLE WITH BLACK PROMINENT STRIPES...I MEAN THE STRIPES WERE DISTINCT, DARK, AND HEAVY IN BOTH DOGS, EVEN IN THE FACE THE STRIPES WERE IN THE SAME POSITION AS A TIGER...I'VE SEEN A LOT OF BRINDLES, BUT THESE TWO LOOKED MORE LIKE TIGERS THAN ANY I'VE SEEN...I'VE ALSO WONDERED IF THERE'S ANY BLACK AND WHITE BRINDLE PITS.[/b]

5. Sara

Sara New Member

Like true said, it's pretty much genetically impossible. The way white is inherited. It's a direct lack of pigment...you can't have white inherited with pigment on top of it like brindle...white inherits devoid of pigment. you can't genetically do anything to modify a white coat save add pigment and to do that you'd basically be adding piebald spots to the dog. Closes thing to something like that is a Dalmation and that's a perfect example of how you can't get something to do with white like that that isn't spots... Mottled skin is another sign of how white is inherited and how "stripes" with white is impossible... it just doesn't work that way in dogs. Even horses, not sure if anyone's bred a grey horse to a Zebra but horses and zebras are bred and the stripes stay but the white does not. You get something like a buckskin horse with black zebra stripes. You never get a white horse with black stripes with that hybrid cross and that's because of how white is inherited in horses.

There aren't even any canine species with a white coat with black stripes so you couldn't even try to hybridize the color pattern.

Sara

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Brindle Squad do you have a picture? I take it you are a brindle fan.

Here is mine........

Brindles I own or have owned.

[​IMG]
    Buckskin Brindle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brown Brindle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red Brindle/White Rednose

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black & Tan/Brindle Points

[​IMG]
    White & Brindle

[​IMG]
    Chocolate Brindle/white rednose

[​IMG]
    Buckskin Brindle/pink nose She used to have more visible brindle when she was litle but you can still see it if you look close and see her legs/feet. I will have to dig out her baby pics, buckskin with light cocoa stripes.

[​IMG]
    Brindle/White

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gray Brindle

7. Chezza

Chezza New Member

The one with the blue eye does it have vision or hearing problems.. :?:

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

She seems to hear fine, but one can't know unless the hearing is tested. She is as alert as my other dogs as far as the hearing goes, but can't say 100%.

Usually blue eye/eyes do not mean the dog has vision problems. Although I have heard that the very light blue/ice eyes can mean the dog has blindness, when the eyes appear almost white. There are breeds where blue eyes or one blue is common and the dogs are not known to be visually impaired.

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Eye color does not correlate to deafness either. That's a problem with lack of pigment in the ear canal... Some can travel together due to the way a breeding program is run and works but if you have one it doesn't at all mean you'll have the other... I don't know that deafness runs in Husky's for instance...but they often have blue eyes (or is that the Malamute?)... Either way...that's a good example of the two not correlating.

Sara

10. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Right but she has a lot of white. White/deafness go together due to lack of pigment in the inner ear, often seen on white dogs or dogs with white heads/ears.

I think she should be fine. She is very alert, I sometimes go out at night and toss a stick or rock and see what the dogs do. I stand behind the fence and peek through, they each have different reactions.

11. zodiacplaya

zodiacplaya New Member

Yes....i have seen two black and white striped pitbull..they were the most beautiful dogs i had ever seen they were 6 weeks old...the lady wanted 5000 per pup....she was a gene breeder....so i bought a two year old sister to the two pups...breed her for 3 years...and never got a black and white brindle out of the bitch....but im still looking for a dog with the color....it is very very rare....