1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bubblenest Confusion

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Betta_92, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Betta_92

Betta_92 New Member

Ok, so I have finaly got my betta makeing a bubblenest, it is smale but thick, and he has small bubbles lined around the rim of the 1 gal. bowl. how big dose the bubblenest need to be? I have breeding grass in the bottom of the fish bowl, and plants, so that the fry can hide in it or the female can hide. can I grind up fish flakes to feed to the fry, of crunch up the blood worms or the pelets... thank you for answereing my other questions.

2. Betta_92

Betta_92 New Member

sorry I made a mistake or two in the last topic, I meant or crunch up bloodworms, and small bubblenest. thanks

3. bwknox

bwknox New Member

Make sure your water depth is only 4-5 inches. This will reduce the amount of work the father has to do to take care of the eggs. Do not leave the mother in with the father. Once you have eggs, take her out. The father in my tank was chasing the female out of the water after only a couple of days. You may want to consider taking the fry out of the water all together once they get big enough to catch. Be careful about over feeding, I think I killed mine due to water quality from over feeding. Good luck. The fry are pretty cool, they look like little eyes with tails.

4. Betta_92

Betta_92 New Member

bubblenests

thanks for replying, I had the male and female together yesterday for over twelve hours, nothing happened. But I don't think she was too pleased with the nest because she was trying to destroy his hard work. I put them together again today for a couple hours, but she was getting bit up. what else can I do to make them spawn?some say just keep them in there for a couple of days(3-4), others say couple of hours, and OTHERS so to use black water extract.