1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bubbles all over the walls

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by drab911, Mar 17, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hello everyone.. I have just recently bought a new 16 gallon aquarium. Ive got the water in.. the filter has been running for one day now.. I have one air stone and am getting ready to get a couple fish to do the cycle for a month or so.. then I am going to get some live plants... My quick question is all the bubbbles attached to the heater and sides of the glass, will they eventually leave or is this something that stays or is correctable??
    Thanks

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

they should leave pretty oon, i would say within the next day or two max.

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

don't forget to cycle your tank

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

I have done a quite a bit of reading and I am not fully aware of how important it is to cycle it..
    I am going to cycle it with no fish in the tank for as long as it takes probably 3 weeks im hoping.. but my question is... once my nitrate is lower then 30 PPM would I be able to add my living plants before I add my fish? Or should I put the fish in first or should I do it together??
    Thanks

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well,since your not fully aware of cycling let em say this..........it is probably one of the msot important parts of fishkeeping........without it, there would not be enough bacteria to take care of waste and various things such as ammoia and the such can skyrocket to deadly levels in no time. i cant answer your other questions b/c im not that good at the whole chemical part of fishkeeping, but there are a few on here that know what they are talking about when it comes to this topic.

6. drab911

drab911 New Member

oh haha... sorry that was a typo.. I ment to say I WAS fully aware how important it is...
    Im just wondering if it is better to develop the plant structure before getting fish or the fish first..

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i dont think that really matters....u can do whatever one u want to do first, but plants might be easier first so u can get teh whole structure your lookngi for without having to worry aobut fish gettin hurt if ur moving rocks and the such.