1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Buster is a big boy now

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by luvmyangels, Jun 18, 2009.

1. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

He finished his puppy shot series this afternoon, including rabies which came with a tag that was also engraved with his name & phone number. He weighed in at 51lbs at 4 months old.

The most amusing moment was his encounter with a little 7 week old, 12lb, female pointer (she was BEAUTIFUL!). She yapped at him, he looked at me like "what is wrong with her?" and laid down. She play bowed, he stood up and started to get excited. The size difference was a bit too much though so the pups didnt get to play...I know he wouldnt intentionally hurt her, but he's still so young. The ladies at the front desk commented on the different personalities, the little girl was a live wire while Buster is so laid back (so glad I went with a giant breed!).

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Well sounds like a nice encounter and a good observation except that not all giants are laid back like that...I mean sure my Caucasian Shepherd dog is nice and laid back but my Great Danes are second to my Pit Bulls in how much energy they have and how high strung they are... I MAY have odd great danes but from what I hear from other dane owners...it's really not that odd. BOTH of my Danes are wild creatures with lots of energy...if I wanted a trail riding partner to go up to the hills with me and a horse I'd take the Danes over any of the rest of my dogs for one, their size to keep up with the horses isn't that difficult but two they have more energy along with that size.

Here are a couple pics of Datvi my Caucasian:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Ozzy one of my Great Danes playing with Banshee a Dane cross:

[​IMG]

And CC...on alert for who knows what:

[​IMG]

The pic of CC is shortly after we got her, a rescue, and the day we picked her up she got into a fight with the Danes that lived there, that's the purple you see on her, it's wound spray stuff...recently she picked a fight with Datvi, here's a shot of her in quarantine in our horse trailer (no crates big enough and with Datvi in the house I didn't want to risk even separate rooms)...

[​IMG]

3. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

Beautiful! I love big dogs. There's just something awe inspiring about Danes and Datvi is just stunning. My oldest walked in while I was looking at the pictures of CC and now wants a Dane just like her. I told her she can have one when she's old enough to care for it herself...she'll be 11 next month.

Maybe I should have said "glad I went with a Saint Bernard" LOL Everything Ive read fits Buster perfectly, calm, laid back, gentle giants. He lounges around the living room with the girls using him as a pillow. Tonight he was asleep in his usual spot in front of the a/c vent when Makayla (4 next month) snuggled up next to him, gently petting along his back...Buster never moved. He's a charmer, everyone that meets him wants to take him home.

Its taken me a good 20 minutes to type this...I keep going back to look at the pictures of your beautiful dogs.

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah I've known quite a few saints and they really are what one would consider a gentle giant. Laid back and all that jazz. Datvi is that way...unless of course you try to enter the house uninvited.

Can't wait to see the pictures of buster as he grows too. Love love love the big dogs... Well all of them really. I have a tiny Chinese Crested that is just under 5lbs in size and he's great too. He and Datvi chill in the house together and they're quite the pair...LOL...

Sara