1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

calico fantail goldfish~size tank?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by daisy0802, Apr 14, 2005.

1. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

They are supposed to get up to 4 inches. Would a 10 gallon tank suffice? Please help

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

They actually get around 6" - 8" so I wouldn't put one in anything smaller than 20 gallons (30 would be better).

-Chelle

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I know it can be difficult to look at your little fish and picture it being really big and needing lots of space so here's some nice little visual aids.

20.4cm = 8" and 36cm = 14" (and I'd like to point out that this fish looks incredibly deformed, probably from being kept in such a small tank).
    [​IMG]

This is a 150 gallon tank. The white fish definitely looks like a fantail. The orange one probably is too, but I can't say for sure. A 150 long tank is 60" long. Based on the proportions of the fishs' lengths to the length of the tank, those fish are bouth 7" - 8".
    [​IMG]

2 goldfish (look to be about 4") in a 10 gallon
    [​IMG]

Same 2 4" fish in a 37 gallon tall (30 x 12 x 22). Try picturing the fish about 2" longer.
    [​IMG]

20 gallon tank. The big orange fish in the front is probably about 4". Again, try to picture it about 2" longer.
    [​IMG]

Do you honestly think all those fish (with the exception of the ones in the 150 gallon) have plenty of room to swim around and don't look cramped? Keep in mind, most of them weren't even full grown.

-Chelle

4. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

I don't have enough room in my house for one that big! :| I guess I should give away my fish. I don't want it to be deformed. :cry: I already have a 10, and a 20 gallon, but they have fish already.