1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

California animals need help

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I voted. Even though I'm in Canada, I hope I could help a bit. UGH! No offense to those of you that may have voted for him, but REALLY what the heck were you thinking. A movie star that has million and millions of dollars only has one interest in mind...helping others with million and millions. That yahoo needs to be voted out. California should set up a pet day and just clog one of the main streets showing off their adorable STRAY pets that they wouldn't have gotten had the shelter had a shorter holding time.

Good luck to all who live there.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

I do live in Calif. and I wish he would not have won everything is messed up now (well it was before but i dont see it getting any better)

I read this to some people in my office and one of the ladys here is from greece she said that in greece if a cat or dog has babies they get a bucket of water and put the babies in there right away that is how they keep the population down HOW CRUL IS THAT. She does not agree with that but that is how her country is. Very sad :cry:

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I'm sooo pissed off! he USED to be one of my favorite actors!!! Not anymore!!! I'm sending a letter!!!!!

5. Samsintentions

Oh no I know! Lets put all the orphan children to sleep after 3 days now too!!! Oh that MFER!!!!!! I'm sooo sending a letter to congress about that crap!!!! And to his office. How dare he! After he made the so called "generous" donation to the rescue foundation!!!!! Now he wants to kill them? WTF!!!!!!!!! :0021:
    haw dare he! I have half the mind to fly down there myself and give him a good kick in the a$$!!!!

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

And I voted for him :x
    arrggh, ther is no way that can pass. Lets just hope not

honeybear

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

http://www.govmail.ca.gov/

you can write your opinion to the Terminator here

lots of rescues and shelters are sending him their opinion

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Maybe we can put all the repeat criminals to sleep and use the prisons as animal shelters....

Jamiya

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

This is going to make him look very bad. There are just way too many animal lovers to let this pass.

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Okay. I don't understand this at all. They say that they often have to euthanize animals when the waiting time is up because of overcrowding. So, how is a 3-day period going to help? It's not like there will be less crowding. And people only have THREE DAYS to find which shelter a lost pet ended up at?

"I'm sorry, we euthanized Fluffy before you even know she was gone...."

Disgusting.

Jamiya

11. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Gov. Terminator went into office with the promise of creating a new budget and getting CA. out of debt. What better place to start that doing away with the ones that can't defend themselves, right?!? 14 million dollars, he's probably has that much in his sock drawer.

Maybe CA can get out of debt if they conserve their power, turn off some of those freaking lights, start taxing their rich movie stars, start charging a surcharge on all the boob jobs and face lifts.

I think Californians will regret the day they got rid of Gov. Davis.

12. Samsintentions

Exactly what I was thinking. WTF do they need all those electronic things running 24/7 for? I'm sorry, but I was raised, if you leave a room, turn the lights or whatever is on, off.

And they do need to start paying taxes. F*ck the rich, we get taxed on our income, TAX THEM THE SAME!!!!!

This just goes to show, the rich get richer and the poor get damned.

13. Rene

Rene New Member

I really wish they would tax the rich more also as i said i live in Ca and i'm a single mom and own my own home last year i made 67,000 i know that sounds like alot but not in CA i couldnt beleive I HAD TO PAY 800.00 IN TAXES i'm considered middle class well ya know that kind of money isnt' sh** when you are trying to raise 2 kids by yourself. not to mention the prices of everything out here sometimes i wish i could move to another state. Sorry had to vent i hate this i pay way to much in taxes and medical insurance. I would like to see one of them raise 2 kids on my salary bet they couldnt

Rene

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You mean $800 EXTRA not $800 total, right?

15. Rene

Rene New Member

yes 800 on top of the 3800 they took from my check :cry:

16. Rene

Rene New Member

oops i forgot i also pay 4500 a year in property taxes also I made so much money last year my daughter doesnt quilfy for any GOV> GRANTS to go to collage we have to get student loans she didnt get good enough grades for scholerships so we get to get loans

17. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I was doing some reading on Gov. Schwarzeneggers budget cuts into the animal control issues and saw he was taking an ax to some other aspects of the Hayden Law as well.

Here's a link with some other policies that will be abolished if the current budget is adopted. Also view Senator Tom Hayden's letter in response. There are different links to State Reps and lawmakers if you want to voice your opinion, especially all of you people here from California.

A lot of people have spent a lot of time and effort to be able to provide and build some sense of hope for these homeless animals, and it takes a matter of a couple of minutes and a stroke of a pen to bring it all down again.

www.uan.org/advocacy/hayden.html

18. Rene

Rene New Member

just thought I would let everyone know the SOB decided that he didnt have a GOOD IDEA :eek: humm wonder why it's going to stay at 6 days but i honestly didnt know that it was only 6 days NOW I'M ON A MISSION

Rene

19. Hi! I watched the news tonight and the subject of putting down dogs after three days was reported. A local humane society said that they would not adhear (sp) to the new law if it is passed, they didn't care what Govener S. does. The problem is is that I like Arnold ( I do not agree with what he is proposing AT ALL........

When our last Govener took office we had a surplus of over $27 billion when he finished, we had a deficiet of over 36 billion...How do you do that???? I would love to see his oversees bank accounts.....

But this IS NOT the way to get it back.... I will be praying about this matter...

Susan

20. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

okay, i'm confused.... is he trying to get this 3-day deal passed now? Or is he saying "it was a mistake" (let me just barf right here!) and now he's trying to fix it? I didn't get it.

I'm from California and heard a little about this on the news last nite, but by the time I came into the room I had missed the story so I am definitely concerned!! grrrrrrrrrr.......