1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

can anyone tell me

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by connor, Mar 6, 2006.

1. connor

connor New Member

i just got a new fish yesterday (but i dont know its name) its orange and it is rather small its exactly like yellow labidichromis but orange and it has a white spot on the bottom fin. What is the fish and why is there a white spot on the bottom fin?!!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?:

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

red zebra

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Look like this?
    [​IMG]

The spots on the anal fins of africans are called egg spots. They play a roll in breeding behavior. The female thinks they're eggs, bites at them, and that makes it easier for the male to fertilize the eggs she's already picked up in her mouth. That being said, females can also have egg spots.

-Chelle

4. connor

connor New Member

ya exactly exept it only has 1 egg spot on the anal fin.

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

its a african red zebra then like i had said what are you keeping these fish with

6. connor

connor New Member

i am keeping it with 2 jewels 1 leopard.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Hmmm . . . not the best mix of fish.

Red zebras are herbivores. Too much protein in their diet can kill them.

Jewels are omnivores and require a moderate amount of protein. They also prefer slightly softer water than the red zebras (not always a huge issue if they're not wild caught).

Leopard cichlids get a lot larger than the other fish and very well could kill them. They're also omnivore, btw.

And all of those are highly aggressive fish.

-Chelle