1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat doesnt like new dog

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by DeLaUK, Jul 30, 2007.

1. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi all cat experts, I need some advice for a friend about her recent cat problems.

She got an Alaskan Klee Klai (sp....looks like a miniature Siberian Husky and is a bit bigger than a chihauhua). Her Bengal cat who is about 18 months-2 years old has started peeing on the beds, when they closed the rooms off to the cat he started peeing and now pooping on the couch....or anywhere.

I have helped them out with the dog, keeping her away from the cats main room (cat has always had the conservatory for the litter box, bed and feeding (large conservatory) so nothing there has changed, the dog doesnt go upstairs most of the time (isnt allowed free access and there is a baby gate in place).

Thanks, much appreciated (Im clueless with cat behavior) :cry:

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

they can try to put Feliway diffusers in the areas where the cat resides. They are like Glade plugins and release a pheramone (sp) that helps cats relax. Bach's Rescue Remedy in the cat's water to also help relax.
    They also need to be sure they have the smell out of the bedding he's peeing/pooping on, as I'm sure you told them. Like a dog, we may not be able to smell it, but you bet they can.

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Nice to have you around here again. I agree with everything Mary_NH said. I would also add to make sure they spend lot's of quality time with this cat (and not spend all their time being mad about the pee and poo). This cat needs lot's of love and patience. Also ask them if they could get a big cat tree, so the cat feels that she is safe up high. I realize you said the dog can't get to her, but the cat may feel like she has no place of safety. Cats like being up high when 'danger' is near. So have them get a huge floor to ceiling cat tree.

4. vene

vene New Member

I have a Bengal cat. They are very high maintenence and will behave more like a toddler. They get jealous very easily and needs a lot of attention and TLC. Private time is extremely important in keeping them happy and healthy.