1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat doing the "butt scoot" across the rug......

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by disneeworld, Jun 11, 2004.

1. disneeworld

disneeworld New Member

Once in awhile one of my male indoors I have had since late FEB scoots his butt along the rug for a few seconds and then sometimes will lick in that general area. I brought him in for a worm check, and there was none. Also had his anal glands expressed(often the cause) which were not that bad. He still does it, and wondering if it is just behavioral or if just a plain external itch I should try treating..any ideas? Thanks!

2. nern

nern New Member

Maybe it's just an external itch. Does he have long hair?

3. disneeworld

disneeworld New Member

not particularly, maybe an inch or so of fluffy fur.

4. vene

vene New Member

Sounds like an itch. Monty and Rene will both do that once in a while after doing #2. It's probably something stuck in the rear. :mrgreen:

5. disneeworld

disneeworld New Member

I don't see anything back there and its been going on for weeks.
    hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. I would go back to the vet and see if your kitty has an anal sac infection. If your kitty has already had to have the anal sacs expressed more than once, then there is something not right. Another alternative is to have the anal sacs removed, so that they no longer cause your kitty any problems. I wish your kitty all the best.

7. disneeworld

disneeworld New Member

Expressed only once, and at my insistance. Vet said they were not overly or alarmingly full. It's not a constant thing, I just want to make sure he's not too uncomfortable.

8. snowysunoui

snowysunoui New Member

Ask your vet about some of the blood tests that could help determine what the problem is... I put a little bit of baby powder on my kitty-kitty's rump... :D