1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat Food Can Lids

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by JT, Sep 6, 2004.

1. JT

JT New Member

Hi Everybody.

I'm trying to find plastic lids to fit cat food cans....Fancy Feast etc.... Anyone know a site that offers them?

Henry Morgan sends his best regards.

2. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

3. Fblack

Fblack New Member

You can buy plastic lids for the larger cans at Petco or Petsmart.

4. nern

nern New Member

I could be wrong but I thought it was'nt good (can't remember why) to leave leftover canned food in the can and refrigerate it. Anyone else ever heard that? I always put mine in plastic baggies and toss the can in the garbage.

5. vene

vene New Member

Nern, plastic baggies is a good practice. I don't remeber what it was if can foods were left long term in the fridge. Learned that in school eons ago. This is all I found so far:

Look under Clostridium Botulinum:
    http://www.agr.state.nc.us/cyber/kidswrld/foodsafe/badbug/badbug.htm

I do keep opened can foods for only 1 day in the fridge because I worry the food would go bad. Then I started buying smaller cans because my cats are spoiled and won't eat leftovers. :roll:[/url]

6. nern

nern New Member

Thanks for the link vene.
    LOL. My cats will eat the leftovers but only if I microwave it for a few seconds.

7. Fblack

Fblack New Member

I don't believe leaving an open can of food in the refrigerator for a day or two will be a problem. In fact, I don't even heat it up any more when it comes out of the refrigerator. My cat likes cold food.

8. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

Now that you mention it I do remember reading somewhere about not giving cats cold food from the fridge. I can for the life of me remember where I read it though.....maybe it will come to me....