1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat has breast cancer

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mechanix, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

Hi my cat was diagnosed with breast cancer, we were going to have it removed, but further tests showed it has spread into her lungs. So the vet decided not to remove the tumor and had us take her to a cancer vet. She has had 2 chemo treatments to help make her more comfortable since chemo is not a cure when will I know she is suffering.

Thanks

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

she'll tell you....you'll know since she's your cat - the signs will be there. Every cat is different and they try to hide their pain since it's a sign of vulnerability - watch her eating, bathroom habits...but I think you'll know. You sound like you love her very much

3. vene

vene New Member

Q

I'm so sorry about your kitty. How old is she and when was she diagonosed with breast cancer?

This link might offer some insights on Defining the Quality of Life:

http://www.pet-loss.net/quality.html

Feline and canine cancer links:
    http://www.eattheapple.com/petcancer.htm

General feline cancer info:
    http://www.zzcat.com/resources/overview.htm#mammary

Feline mammory cancer is usually in older cats and the incidence is much higher among female cats that are not spayed. This is for people who are thinking twice about not spaying them before their first heat:
    http://www.cathelp-online.com/spayneuter.html

4. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :(

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I'm sooo sorry :cry:
    I know you will do the righ thing and that you'll know when to do what.

6. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

Thanks everyone. Her name is Suzy she is 10 years old we have had her since she was about 3 months old. She was diagonosed 4 weeks ago. We do love her very much, her and her older brother Nitro (he is 14 and and a very BIG baby 26lbs and not fat) :D are more than just pets they are our kids.

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm really sorry to hear about Suzy. Just keep her comfortable and show her how much you love her. She will let you know when it's time.

We would love to see pictures when you have a chance.

8. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

I will post a couple of pictures as soon as I can figure it out :D

9. vene

vene New Member

Taken from Chessmind's old post:

Quote:
    Go to www.photoisland.com

Choose the sign-up free and fill out the membership form. Go to Upload Pictures and use the BROWSE button to browse to where you have the pictures saved on your computer. Choose UPLOAD. On the left side of the screen choose MY ALBUM LIST: Personal (or whatever you named your album) This will display your pictures.. click on one.. Now on the left choose LINK FOR AUCTION. Copy the URL (the address of the picture) FOR YOUR PHOTO.

In your post click "" (at the top between 'List' and 'URL' boxes) and then paste the URL FOR YOUR PHOTO then click "[img]" again. Then click Submit.

Good luck

10. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty is ill.

11. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

Hi, we appriciate everyones well wishes for Suzy, but unfortunetly her condition is starting to get worse and we know the time is near. I know it is going to be the hardest thing Iwill ever have to do.

Scott :(

12. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry Mechanix. :( Lots of us have walked this difficult path on Auspet. You are not alone. :m35: :m41:

13. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

I am sorry about Suzy, it sounds like you love her very much. It is very difficult when one of our little furkids gets sick. And it is hard to tell what the right thing is especially when your own grief and sadness gets so strong.

14. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I'm really sorry about Suzy. We had to put my cat down about a year ago. Time really does heal. We're here for you if you need us.

15. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Makes my eyes water to hear about Suzy... :cry:

She's in our prayers and thoughts... and yes, we are here for u... u just be there for her. *hugz*

16. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

Well I had to take Suzy in yesterday, it was a hard day. I rescued her from a jobsite I was working on in October 1993 she was about 3 months old then and she has never not been with us since then. It was very strange not seeing her this morning. I am very sad , but also relieved for her. With everything yesterday I forgot to call my dad and wish him a happy birthday, but he understood. Pictures of Nitro and Suzy as well as Honey who we lost 2 years ago are coming soon.

17. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I'm so sorry. Soon you will be able to look back on your 11 years with Suzy and smile. We are all here for you whenever you need a shoulder. Take care of yourself.

18. vene

vene New Member

I am so sorry about Suzy. :cry: You did all you could for her and I'm sure she understood that. She is not suffering any more. How is Nitro taking the loss?

19. Mechanix

Mechanix New Member

Nitro is doing ok, sometimes he will go and look in the back of the closet where she used to sleep. He will also meow at the front door which is something he only did when Honey died 2 1/2 years ago. When I come home he will give me a look like "where is she?"

20. vene

vene New Member

I totally sympathize with Nitro. When Vene died last July (hit by a car), her brother Milo was severely depressed for 3 whole days. He ate and drank very little and slept away his depression. Monty, her buddy, a purely indoor only scaredy cat managed to sneak outdoors and looked for her for 3 whole days. Such love and devotion he had for her! Pumpkin, I'm embarrassed to say was thrilled of her "disappearance." However she did take a tolerance to our new kitty Rene who acts like Vene and Monty boy is happy again. It'll take some time to heal, but it'll happen. How did you lose Honey?