1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cat problem, please help need advice!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kuroiruy, Mar 13, 2005.

1. kuroiruy

kuroiruy New Member

Hii,
    I had my cat for about a year and a half, so far her heat has been a pest every month. At first it was alright, I thought once a month, not so bad, but now almost every month starting when she was barely a year old its been getting more louder and far too anoying. I really do not want to breed her at all, I just wanted to ask about her neutering, should I have done it around 4-6 months before her heat or after, I am not sure, will it also eliminate her behavior alltogether?TNX!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Im a little confused with the way youve worded this (maybe Im just not reading it right?)
    Basically if your not planning on breeding her then I dont see a problem with you taking her to the vet on Monday to have her spayed. They can be spayed while they are having a heat cycle, it sometimes takes a few minutes longer than a cat not in heat but its done all the time. It should stop her 'persistant serenades'.
    I'd have the vet do a general exam on her while shes there if she hasnt seen a vet yet.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

getting her spayed will end her heat cycles.

since you aren't planning on letting her breed (bless you) every heat you allow you cat to go through brings her closer to developing pyrometria. This is basically an infected uterus and can be fatal if not caught in time. And it'll cost you tons more to spay her then and have the vet get her back to being healthy if she even survives the attempt.

Don't put off spaying her any longer - you'll be happy as will she, and she'll be healthier.

As stated there is no reason to put it off