1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cavelier King Charles Puppy owners *read first*

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by myohmy123, Jun 13, 2006.

1. myohmy123

myohmy123 New Member

I'm about to adopt a puppy and am wondering what downsides this adorable breed has? :eek: THanks so much! I jsut joined today! :mrgreen:

2. myohmy123

myohmy123 New Member

oh and are they hard to train? Thanks again! :mrgreen:

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi and welcome. :D

Heres a good little website with a lot of info on there. If you go to the menu, click on Breed info there is a section on potential health issues, its more of a general not specifically for Cavs except for MVD which is a heart condition.

http://www.cavaliers.co.uk/

One of my aunts used to breed them years ago, she had some problems with one of her females each time she bred her, just in the actual breeding though, the pups were always fine and she handled the pregnancies well. She mentioned that some females are difficult to actually put to the male.

As far as the training is concerned, in my experience (and I really havent worked with that many) they can be a little fiesty but sensitive, similar to Pekingese personality...meaning they act all tough but if your too stern with them it will severely knock their confidence and will need a lot of work to build them up again....and then theyre back to their usual fiesty self. Sweet dogs.