1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chessmind has joined our moderators team

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Auspetian, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

Just letting you know that Chessmind has joined our team and is now officially a moderator over this board together with nern and me.

Congratulations Chessmind and welcome aboard. :y_the_best:

2. vene

vene New Member

Congrats! :0018:

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOl. Thanks, Vene. :D

4. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

CONGRATS

5. nern

nern New Member

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks rcrgal31 and Nern. :D

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:wink: WELL NOW!!! CANT SAY I'M A BIT SURPRISED....AND CANT THINK OF A BETTER PERSON TO JOIN THE TEAM.. :eek: (except of course vene who is our official kitty greeter and auspet kitty librarian)

chessmind...congratulations!!! that is really great. i feel very safe you guys...

WE HAVE GOOD PROTECTORS!!! O:) :m33: :m36:

8. vene

vene New Member

Geez Lynn. I was looking at your post count and it said 666 while you said
    . Hmmmmm?!

BTW. What is the job description of a moderator anyway? And I agree with you. Nern and Chessmind are 2 perfect people for the job- knowlegeable, informative, nice, and fun too!!

9. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Congratulations Chessmind. :m32:

10. halaroo

halaroo New Member

:bow_now: Congrats!

11. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL. Just a quick thank you to everyone, as I have to get ready for work now. Vene I'll answer your post later on today. I need to get going. :m34:

12. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

GEEZ....vene...thats a little weird...huh? and i have not ever posted the angel emoticon O:) before, even though i love it...i always miss it in the window when im looking for them.

really weird.... :shock:

yes...i am curious too...what is a moderators job? where were the auspet police when deb was soliciting votes for raymond in the dog forum???!!?? :0011:

huh? huh? thats what id like to know!!!! [-X

i hope someone is going to be monitoring her activities in the next contest!!

DEB!!! DEB!!!! ARE YOU OUT THERE???? listen up!!! no soliciting votes for raymond (unless you could maybe help max and mikey out a little)

HEY!!! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM...SOMEONE GOT IN THERE AND POSTED THAT!!! THAT DIDNT COME FROM ME!!! :-# :---) :0025:

13. Rene

Rene New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: congrats. :m21:

14. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOl. All of you are so funny. :mrgreen:

Vene and Lynnhaz. To answer your question about what moderators do, I got this info here at Auspet from the FAQ link (next to Profile).

15. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

EDIT: My post got posted twice, as I had to use the refresh button.

16. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

how do you become one?

17. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I think Auspetian would be the best person to answer your question, as she is the one who chooses moderators. If I had to guess I would say that the following may influence her decision in who she selects:

1) Has been a long standing member at Auspet.
    2) Posts almost daily.
    3) Quality of posts are more important than quantity.
    4) Staying out of trouble: being polite and respectful to all members when posting, not getting into arguments (this is not the same as a healthy debate), obeying the rules at Auspet and so on.

I'm sure there may be other things she looks for, but as I mentioned she is the only person who could accurately answer your question.

18. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Sorry this is so delayed, but

Congrats! I have no doubt that you'll be a great moderator. :m33:

19. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks Lucidity03. :D I miss seeing your old avatar with your kitty leaping in the air. That is such a great pic!

20. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Chessmind, I was actually thinking of changing my avatar again. I don't tend to stay on one too long. But, I'm on vacation after tomorrow, so maybe after my little break I will find another picture to use.

I'm surprised you noticed!