1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chew-proof dog beds?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Jun 24, 2004.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I know there was a topic about this before but I searched for it and couldn't find it. Anyway, my puppy (8 mos st. bernard) has chewed up two beds already. First he chewed up the futon (using it as dog bed). Then I went and bought them another bed for $60 yesterday. It was fine this morning but then about one hour later it was in shreds. Needless to say I'm in a very bad mood. I'm going to try to take it back b/c in my opinion, it should have lasted at least 24 hrs (it's worth a shot lol.)

I wouldn't get him another bed if it weren't for my other dog who is older and likes to sleep on nice cushy beds. So, for her sake, I need to find a bed that he can't chew up.

So before I waste even more $$$$, anyone know where to get the best chew-proof bed that will last at least more than one day (preferably forever?)?

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Eliza, this place has moneyback guarantee

www.orvis.com
    ToughChew Dogs Nest.
    The worlds toughest dog bed just got tougher. For the puppy or the avid chewer, we have doubled the effectiveness of our Dogs Nest. The cover and liner are both constructed of supertough 1,000-denier Cordura. Through our own experience and testing, and that of our customers, we have found this double cover to be chew resistant, even with the most persistent of chewers. And its just as comfortable as the original Dogs Nest. If your dog succeeds in chewing through it, we' will refund your money. No questions asked.

honeybear

I posted on this because Jimiya asked and I couldnt findthe old link

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Wow, That's really neat! My dog Grace has chewed at least four or more beds so far (Hers and Reese's) I was too embarrassed to mention it. I figured I had the only dog that ever chewed up their own bed. :oops:

They're kind of expensive. I'll really have to do some kissing up to Hubby to order 2 of them. (Large, $120 a pc.) He's already ticked off by all the beds I've bought from Petsmart and CostCo already.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

5. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Thanks. I'm going to try that I think. Do you think the extra $35 for cedar is worth it?

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

thanks Jimiya, Iknow I posted several for you and then couldnt find them.

did you ever buy one?

honeybear

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nope, not yet. Nala doesn't chew her bed at night and now that she is not crated during the day we haven't had problems. But I would like to get a couple so we can leave one out for Bonnie and I can leave one in Nala's crate at trials without worrying about her eating it.

I recently found your old post about the chew-proof beds and copied it into a Word document so I would have it. I was originally waiting for the money to buy one, but since that will never happen I should just break down and order a couple!

Here is your original post:

Jamiya