1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken has feet problem??!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Guppie-Bala, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Guppie-Bala

Guppie-Bala New Member

Hi i have a couple of chickens. I think they mite have a diseases cause on theyre feet they look like they have scales and theyre skin on theyre feet is coming off like in peels. is it herditary or a diseases from walking on sumthing theyre not suposed to cause i have them in a wire bottom cage.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

It sounds like mites or it could be because there in a cage with a wire bottom and they are cutting there feet causing them to get infected.

If you can check there feet and look for little holes or even lines that look like tracks if there is any then this will be mite and the simple and most effective way to treat this is to rub there feet with pertoleum jelly or vasaline as its called here in the uk put it on thickly and this will block the holes and cause the mites to suffocate and die and hopefully within a few days you should notice an improvment to there feet.

All birds will have to be done even if there is some with no problems.
    Make sure there cage is cleaned out thoroughly with a bleach and water solution or a mite killer from your local petstore of vets office.

Mike

3. taylor

taylor New Member

yeh there is defenately something wrong wit the chickens. contact a vet.

4. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

Taylor is totally right .I agree with him/her. :) :D