1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chihuahua help?????????

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by sandangel, Apr 2, 2004.

1. sandangel

sandangel New Member

Can anybody tell me hoe to identify what type of coat my chihuahua has?
    It's not the slick hard kind , or the long fluffy kind. It is short but full and soft.

Chi is 7 weeks

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

HAve you got a picture ?

3. karma

karma New Member

As far as I know, sandangel, there are just the short-haired and long-haired varieties of chi. I suppose the coat type can vary in texture.

4. sandangel

sandangel New Member

I don't have a picture right now.

I have one chi that has the hard short little coat that is like the Taco bell dog. I have SEEN what I thought were called long haired but they always looked wisy and fluffy. What my other chi has is hair a bit longer then the slick hard short coat and it's rerally soft. Let's see............ kind of like... You know when pups are real newborn like a shih tzu and they have the soft new hair but it isn't long yet? Like when they are a couple weeks old and it is only about 1/4 an inch and they are soft coated but not rough ?????

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Probably called smooth coated. If not long.

6. Shady_Babygurl

Shady_Babygurl New Member

Here locally at a puppy miller that is in under investigation right now, they are breeding a version of Chihuahua that is called medium coat. Its not short and stiff but its not a long coat either. Its about 1/2 inch to 1 inch depending on age and dog but it just reminds you of a thicker haired Chi. I own the tiny 1 lb stiff hair type. He looks almost BALD on top. More and more of these thicker haired short coated dogs are popping up though....Due to certain breeding practices I assume....

Kim

7. sandangel

sandangel New Member

I think I have it figured out now. I found an article where it says the short coat is a single coat if the chest and belly are mostly bare and a double coat short haired chi when it is a bit fuller and also furry on neck area and part of chest.