1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Crested question Allergies?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Sara, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Hey all. I'm new to this board but I've been around on the all breed board and on the Pit Bull one too for a long old time.

I've gotten a new Chinese Crested about a month ago and I was wondering about allergies that may be common in the breed and about teeth health in the breed. All I ever see is info pertaining to teeth in the hairless version.

My new charge is 6 months old and his name is Dauby and he's a sparce coat so even his crest is thin but he's got hair all over his body. Anyway he's been a bit itchy since we got him and I've tried a few things so far with no luck--Lotions, cortizone spray, and medicated shampoo(well moisturizing shampoo) and a change in food from Pro Plan stuff to Iams small breed puppy. But still no luck in getting the little guy to stop itching. He's only about 6lbs.

Sara

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi Sara, dont know much about these guys, havent seen too many of them although the ones I have seen were usually for skin problems...as I recall they were mostly staph infections and would have been treated with medicated baths and maybe oral meds. The cause....I do remember one dog that the owner always put a sweater on, the vet thought the dog may be allergic to the clothes detergent, she changed it to a mild one and the dog was okay afterwards.

Anyways I found this on line, its a forum specially for Chinese Crested.

http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/phpBB2/index.php

good luck.

3. Sara

Sara New Member

THANKS!

Hmmm...staph...ick...

Sara