1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Chocolate colored pit or lab?

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by RottieZeus, Aug 18, 2005.

1. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

I don't have any pics but we just recently rescued a 3-4 year old female dog from the pound. They told us she was a Choc. Lab but she seems to have more a pit head and she definetly does not have Lab feet. She was found as a stray. WHo ever owned her fed her well because she is overweight. She is very well behaved and friendly. Does any one know of any good sites to look at to see some non-muscular pits ( you know ones that aren't pulling dogs) I'd like to compare, I think that she might be pure.

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Rottiezues, congrats on your new addition, I can tell youe every dog that even remotely resembles a lab, they will say its a lab, and not pit, because of the bad rap.

but certain breeds of labs, do have a very boxy head, I have a purebred yellow lab whose dads head was very boxy, does she have web feet? purebred labs have web feet

here is a pic similar of what jakes dad looked like, you can see that boxy head,

and here are a few sites showing choc labs
    http://www.tbarcountry.com/

http://www.crickethollowfarm.com/olderavailable.htm
    http://www.thunderlabradors.com/ourmales.html

the labs with the bigger heads and stockier bodies are the show dogs, and the leaner ones are the bred for hunting

honeybear

3. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

Found a great example

I just saw a great example of my new dog's head. Recently posted was Great educational video by Berriano. The very last pic they show looks exactly like her. Wish I had pics to post.

4. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

If you had a pic that would be nice, she could be a lab and pit mix, there are many of those running around here. There are lots of pits and labs and irresponsible owners that don't get them fixed and let them run around so there are some pit/lab dogs in my area because of this. A lot of the weight pullers don't condition their dogs, some keep them thick for higher weight classes so you should be able to find non muscular pit pics that are pulling dogs. Maybe you can find some pit/lab mix pics too.

5. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

Ok, so what do you all think???

Here is a pic of her, I finally got one although it is not very good.

[​IMG]

6. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

She looks like a lab/pit mix to me too.

One of my dogs is a lab/pit. She is a pet therapy dog.
    Nice combination of dog. There are quite a few around in the shelters lately too.
    Most of the time (Depending on the dog) you get the best of both breeds with this mix. An energetic, eager to please, intellegent, fun filled family dog.
    I doubt if you will ever know 100 percent what exactly she is for sure there are so many varities of various breeds out there.

So far, each lab/pit I have worked with at the shelters are just as I described above. I currently have two of them enrolled as my students in doggie manners 101 class. They are doing better than all the other breeds by far.

I adore my lab/pit Ginger. She is a wonderful dog.

Good luck to you.

Sue :mrgreen: :mrgreen: