1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cichlid question for t_chelle

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tina1, Jul 28, 2004.

1. tina1

tina1 New Member

I saw this pic on another forum. You can clearly see little teeth inside the mouth. Do all Malawis have these teeth? Also, could I expect Tanganyikans to grow teeth like this? Scary....

[​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i know im not t_chelle, but i figured i could answer your question....all cichlids have teeth, some jsut arent as pronounced as this fishs...id you ever have the chance, look at their mouth...some teeth are small and black n others arelarge and white like that ones..

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

all opf mine have teeth not that big tho and mine are black

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the q was only for Chelle. I just know that she is sort of the African expert around these parts. So... thanks for the responses so far. Do you guys think that the tanganyikans would have white or black teeth? I think I'd be ok if I couldn't actually see the teeth....

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

black i think

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Oddly enough, someone was asking me about cichlids' teeth a few days ago and yesterday I happened to take a pic of one of my socolofi where you can clearly see some pretty nasty looking teeth.

It's a good thing he's only 4".

[​IMG]

-Chelle

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

wow great pic