1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Clown loach ich....again...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 13, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my clown loach got a suddan infestation of ich. as in all over not just one or two spots, now as most know they are scaless fish so i cant use regular megication. what ich stuff can i use?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

I would just try raising the temp and adding a bit of salt to the water. This is probably safer than most meds and just as effective too. Good luck!

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Don't add salt with scaleless fish.

Rid Ich+ is supposed to be safe for scaleless fish. There's one other med that's safe, but its name escapes me right now.

-Chelle

4. OneWolvesDream

hmm thanks ill try that rid ich thing. yeah i wouldnt do the water and salt thing for any of my fish, the temp distorts them.

5. OneWolvesDream

thanks everyone. im going to go to petsmart and check to see if they have anything.

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i think you will be fine with a chemical as long as it doesn't have copper in it

7. OneWolvesDream

yup, thanks for the help, im now trying tank buddies ich clear.

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

good stuff

9. OneWolvesDream

the ick is clearin up!

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That's good to hear. Remember to continue treating the tank for about 4 or 5 days after the last spot has disappeared.

-Chelle

11. OneWolvesDream

good point thanks, i like this stuff because it goes everywhere in the fish tank so it can kill all the ick. it even works on plants.