1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Clown Loach Ich

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jun 25, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

my clown loach has ich and i have done a 35% water change along with a gravel clean. i heard that clown loaches with get ich with poor water. i also added half of the recomended amount for ich medication. the recomended amount was for regular tetras and all those. i used quick cure, im planing on buying clout ich medication. any other ideas. i really like this fish and i dnt want it to die. please help!

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

try raising the temp of your tank to 4to6 degree above normal i don't think ich can survive at 90 aand above although i might be wrong oh and thanks for the comments on my site :)

3. OneWolvesDream

lol. no prob. and i dont know about having it at 90 because my fish are delicate with temp. so i dont know about that idea but thanks anyway. any other ideas?

4. Popeye

Popeye New Member

yes, usually if you boil your fish, it will kill ick... :lol: just joking...

5. OneWolvesDream

lol. HarHarHar, verry funny. lol. yeah im gonna boil a expencive fishie that i love. hehe im jk around, yeah. but you know how clown loaches are not good at dealing with to much heat and light. so yeah.

6. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Haha sense of humour, anyway, don't overdose the medicine, it may kill the clown loach. best of luck

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I've heard that clout is really hard on fish.

I would use Clear-Ich or Rid-Ich +. Both of those are supposed to be safe for scaleless fish.

-Chelle