1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Companion Air~first airline created for pets&owners

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Aug 21, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I just happened to come across this site tonight...

Another member posted about pets flying in cargo, so when I came across this I thought I'd share :D

http://www.companionair.com/index.php

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Yes, I had heard about this airline a couple of times in the past, and looked at their site as well...I think it's such a great idea!!! :y_the_best: However, whoever is considering a flight with them better be willing to pay a pretty penny! :shock:

They are not yet in business, but I wonder how they'll do once in business?! I really do like the idea of pet friendly airlines such as these! :D

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I think it's a great idea also! It certainly is pricey, but, there may be people who won't think twice about the money if it means their pet is in comfy quarters, just as they are! I hope that they do well and maybe if they do their prices will go down a bit. I'll be keeping an eye on them! :D

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Indeed! :y_the_best: I would feel so much more at ease having my pet fly that way as opposed to the alternative, cargo!

It'll be interesting to see what the demand will be like once they are up and running (or should I say, up and flying :wink:)!

:D

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Sounds awesome!! and ummmmmmm... likely just for the rich and famous! LOL.... They looked like chartered jets! :) So you're right, definitely a pretty penny.

Unfortunately, I'd probably never be able to use something like that...due to my allergies anyways (then again, I don't fly anyways!! I'm TERRIFIED... but if I did....lol)......

6. Jas

Jas New Member

I've heard about this a couple years back - great idea! Anyone know of anyone who has used this airline?

J

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Jas~

According to their site, they are not yet in business. It said this:

"We are not currently operating any Airline or Shuttle routes."

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

but they are in operation.. I think they are only doing "adventure" flights (or whatever it's called) for you know -- the rich and famous! LOL.... For honeymooners, anniversaries, etc. I actually checked out the anticipated fares/rates and it wasn't as HIGH as I thought.....

9. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Yes, they are doing the "adventure" flights, but not the companion flights just yet!

The shorter flights like those from New Orleans to Atlanta, NY to D.C., etc. aren't too bad fare wise (and as long as you only have one pet :wink: ). But as soon as you get into the longer flights, that's when the prices really start to to soar (understandably)!

10. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

oooh! I totally read that wrong then! I thought they were offering the companion flights now on the adventure onesssssssss.......oooooooh.... my bad.

11. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Yeah, they have these "adventure" flights where you take a scenic flight over Florida (I believe S. Florida). Those particular flights are already in business and flying.

In addition, they are preparing to start the "companion flights" which will run to and from various cities in the US - those are the flights where you can bring your pet on board. However, they have yet to start the "companion flights." :D

12. Jas

Jas New Member

Well they've been around for a while, I wonder when they will begin the companion air flights?????

:-#