1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Concidering a new bird

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Shineillusion, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I've narrowed my interest down to two; a red lory or a golden mantled rosella. I've had Amazons and Quakers in the past, so I'm not a novice at bird keeping, but I've not had any experience with either lorys or rosellas.

I know the rosellas can be aggressive and hard to tame, but so can Amazons. And lory's, being nector eaters, can be extremely messy. Other than that, I'm a bit in the dark.

My major concern is would either bird be happy as a single, or would they be better kept in pairs? Does anyone have any insight on either or both?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi my uncle and his wif had rosella's there first was a 6month old one and was the sweetest bird they taught him to hold and drink from a little toy tea cup he even dunked his crackers into his tea.

I am not too sure about lorys but i know rosellas can live on there own and love to learn if it was me i would go with the rosellas.

Mike