1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Constipated 1 1/2 old Chihuahua??? Help....

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by luchito, Feb 20, 2006.

1. luchito

luchito New Member

I have a 1 1/2 old male chihuahua who is eating and drinking and urinating just fine but hasn't gone number two in two days. He is also very tired and sleeping much more than normal. At first I thought he was depressed because we just added a new malte-poo puppy to our family but I am not sure what it is anymore. Any guess or suggestions?

2. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

As for the constipation normally I would say add some canned pumpkin liek a tbl spoon to his food but with the sleeping more than normal I might call your vet to rule out anything else. Nothing is coming to mind off hand what those two symptoms could be from might be two totally unrelated issues. You could try the canned pumpkin and some extra love to let him know he is still your baby. Often times when adding a new dog without meaning too the other dogs feel left out and threatened. So make sure he is getting plenty of alone time with you as well and still treated like the loved baby he is !