1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Contest (please vote)

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by t_chelle16, Jul 19, 2004.

?

Vote for the fish you think looks the best

Poll closed Jul 26, 2004.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If multiple pics of the same fish where posted, I just picked one to show here. If you want to see the others, go HERE. The poll will be open for 7 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Chelle

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

WOW, all of those are really good pics of really nice looking fish. if this whole contest goes well, T-chelle, do u think u would be up for a second one soon like in a few weeks? if not, good-job still on the work you have done for this contest....goodluck everyone.

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

Good job everyone :eek: Lovely pics of some fantastic fish :D

4. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

Ey t_chelle, How do you take such great pictures? Your tank's pictures were so perfectly taken. And your oscar too. O and another thing, did you paint ur tank black on the back or is it just a black background?

5. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Your ram looks absolutely perfect. I was just wondering, is his fin got nipped by some fishes? Anyway, good pic of yours. :y_the_best:

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Lol, i forgot about the contest :oops: sorry everyone.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. 3 of my tanks are actually painted black. For the oscar tank, I used dark window tint (for cars). The tank acts as a room divider and I didn't like being able to see all the way through, but I didn't want to paint it because it wouldn't look very nice from the back. With the window tint, it look black from the front of the tank, but you can still sort of see into the tank from the back.

As for picture taking, my best tips are:
    Make sure your water is nice & clear (the day after a water change is pretty good)
    Use the macro mode on your camera
    Have lots of light in the tank, but not in the room
    If you're using the flash, take picture at an angle to prevent glare
    Take TONS of pictures. One of them is bound to turn out okay.

And I suppose I could do another one of these contests next month.

-Chelle

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Thank you! I love her :eek: She had the nipped tail in the tank at the lfs when I bought her last month. Her tail isn't growing back at all in that spot but its not getting worse either. The lfs had her in with some pretty aggressive fish poor gal :(

I think having another one of these contests next month is a great idea! But we should all have to enter different fish so that we're not looking at the same photos every time.

9. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

i used to have a ram identical ish to number 5, evil little fish though!

10. tina1

tina1 New Member

Lol, she is kinda feisty :lol:

11. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

haha, evil fish, sounds like my tiger barb!

12. tina1

tina1 New Member

Shameless bump to get it back up to the top so maybe more people will vote.

13. tina1

tina1 New Member

Ah ha I win :eek:

I'd like to thank first and foremost my ram. Next, my parents who allowed my a larger tank, third, everyone at auspet for the support and votes...............

LOL!!!!!!!

Sorry, just got a little carried away. I'm glad everyone likes my fishy!!!!

14. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Oops, I forgot all about this thread. I officially declare Tina & her ram the winner. Congrats.

-Chelle

15. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

congrats tina

16. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

congrats tina