1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Convincing Hubby that dog 2 is good???

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by abbeys-mom, Dec 24, 2004.

1. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Hi All,

I know I have mentioned in the past that I am interested in another dog. I have been wacthing resuce sites in my area, and have gone and met one dog, but it didn't work out with Abbey. The problem I have is that, Hubby doesn't know I have been doing this, and I think he is ready against another dog.

Anyone have any idea's on how to convince him? Or haw to convince me not to get another?

Thanks!

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I would get him involved in the search.

After Max died my dad said he was never getting another dog. I started looking and then I got my dad involved, like going to the pet store and looking at the puppies (not that I would have gotten one from the pet store), and pretty soon he started to look for breeders himself. Then eventually a year after Max passed away we got Rocky.

I think it's always easier if they're involved because they can actually see for themselves instead of just hearing about it.

3. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Thanks Aqueous,

But we actually have one dog now, and I want to have a second one, but Hubby says one is enough. I really want to have a second dog....

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Bring the puppy home and gush all over... That's how I managed to get dog number FIVE illegal and EVERYTHING... Gushing over a cute puppy that he'll have to keep from gushing over is one way you might do it???

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

or bring it home and say it was a stray and you cant find the owners :shock: :) :)

my husband was the same way, absolutely not another dog. Wylie wandered into our lives as a stray andy hubby couldnt part with her.

good luck

honeybear

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Or do like I do. Oh honey, its not staying!!! he he he..then it never leaves! LOL

7. Kathy74

Kathy74 New Member

I went through a phase where I thought I wanted to have a baby, and hubby was quite freaked out...That's how we got Jersey!! Getting up with her a few times a night, and having to work the next day took care of my baby urges pretty quick too!! So we both won in the end!

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

My husband was the same way. I finally gave up. Then I found a shelter that lets you take a dog home for the weekend, sort of to evaluate it. I honestly intended to only bring Bonnie home for the weekend. But she fit in so well and was so easy to handle that it quickly became fostering until she was adopted....and then we adopted her, LOL. My husband's exact words were, "She's not that terrible and you are going to end up with 2 anyway so it might as well be her." :roll: