1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

cooler?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Apr 26, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

is there such a thing as a cooler? a thing that cools the water? i have a heater and it has a low, but i gathered that that will just still heat the water, than i thought of using a icecube tray and fill it with water and the chlorine chemicals. is that safe?

2. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

I've never heard of a cooler. If your water's too warm, just turn your heater off and let it cool down to your desired temperature, then turn the heater back on again to maintain the temperature.

3. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

NEVERMIND! You can do what I said to do in my last post, but I was just looking through some aquarium websites and found out that there is a device called a CHILLER (Compressed Aquarium Cooler). I hope that helps.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I don't know a whole lot about them, but I have heard of chillers. IIRC, they are pretty expensive.

-Chelle

5. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Why do you need to cool down your aquarium? Set the thermostat of your heater to a lower level.

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i dont use my heater. and i need a cooler because i live in he hottest place attatched to america so it gets up really hot during the day....do you know the websight for the chiller?

7. J_acon

J_acon New Member