1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Copper caught a sparrow

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by coppersmom, Oct 24, 2006.

1. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

in my house!!

Friday morning I got up real early to do the last minute cleaning because company was coming after I got off work. I opened the front door to leave and a little sparrow flew in! Actually, I didn't know what it was...I was just hoping it wasn't a bat! When I turned the light back on, it took flight and Copper grabbed it! He was running up and down the hall growling with it in his mouth and the little bird was screaming and loosing feathers all the way (I closed the bedroom doors--thank goodness). I cornered them in the hallway away from the other critters and he must have adjusted his grip on it and it flew into the kitchen where Sabrina began stalking it. Luckily I grabbed it in a towel and let it go outside before she got it. It flew away, so I guess it was OK. Then I had to clean up the feathers a little bird poop on the ottoman. It was a good thing I was trying to leave early because I even made it to work on time.

2. Bente

Bente New Member

can you think of a better way to start your day? :lol: i'm glad this had a happy ending for all of you though. Or maybe Copper and Sabrina doesn't agree with me on that one? :mrgreen:

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

poor little bird...but at least you won the war

4. vene

vene New Member

Yikes, I can relate. Vene used to bring home birds, mice, and bunnies. :shock: Glad that sparrow is ok and your day not totally ruined! :mrgreen:

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

So nice to have a story with a happy ending. That is one lucky bird.

6. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Lucky bird is what I thought too. Good thing Copper caught it and not Sabrina cuz she is a "real" cat and probably have torn it to shreds immediately.

Has anyone heard the legend/old wives' tale about what it means when a bird flies into your house?