1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Copper is still having problems

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by coppersmom, Jan 30, 2006.

1. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

:? I am so confused. Copper started having blood in his urine Thursday after about 10 days on the new food. So I talked to the vet on Friday and thought I should switch him back and the vet said no. As long as Copper wasn't running back and forth to the box (or my kitchen lol) and straining when he pees. He said it was more important to get the weight off of him. I'm trying to be a good meowmy and feed him only the m/d food but I've noticed if he gets some of the urinary tract health formula I don't see any blood. He left a puddle on the bathroom floor while I was napping and it was pretty bloody. He doesn't seem in any distress. He is still peeing out of the box some--not as much though.

What would yall do? Would you feed him only the m/d food or sneak in some of the urinary health formula? I've thought about a cranberry supplement too. :(

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I'm so sorry Copper is having problems :cry:

Since it sounds like you're already second guessing your vet's advice ... have you considered taking Copper to another vet for a 2nd opinion?

3. shnen

shnen New Member

I'm with Cassie... if it doesn;t feel right to you then perhaps you need to see someone else.
    Or have you mentioned this to your vet - they may have a good explanation why you see no blood with the urinary formula - and it may not be a good thing.

The best way to get good advise out of any doctor is to be honest with them and question them.

then if you still aren't happy see someone else.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I agree with the others - 2nd opinion and it wouldn't hurt to add a cranberry supplement

5. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Thanks guys

I've ordered the UT supplement. I'm going to call the vets tomorrow but first I want to get another urine sample. I got a little bit out of the litter box this morning and I didn't see any crystals but lots of blood. I'm going to try to get a real urine sample and recheck it tomorrow. He left another puddle in the kitchen today and there was blood in it for sure. :(

On a funny note...I thought he was going back and forth to the box last night but everytime I got up to check on him he was just sitting in the guest room. I heard him go back in and I snuck in there behind him with my flashlight. I caught him in my pile of clean clothes pulling out my socks! :lol: Right now he's batting at the fishing toy I rigged up in the kitchen. He doesn't seem to be in distress. :|

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. I was also going to suggest getting another vet for him. Could any of your friends, family members or neighbors recommend anyone in your area? I wish him all the best and hope you find a competent vet that will help him.