1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of Pet-Sitter Questions

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by cosmicpixie, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

In a couple of months we are going on vacation to see my family. The four ferrets will stay behind since it will be too hot for them to travel. We usually have our next door neighbor babysit them for us. Has anybody used a pet sitter or is a pet sitter. And anybody know what the going rate of pay is for a pet sitter for small animals is? Thanks

PiXiE

2. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Whenever we go we usually just get a neighbor. we pay a little over 10 dollars a day, only that will probably go up now, since we have more than a dog and a cat. it will probably be 15 now, because we have 2 possums, a gecko, and a snake. I really don't know the going rate, or what you would pay for 4 ferrets. the only problem you might encounter that i know of is people afraid of the ferrets. i don't know why any pet sitters would be, but neighbors may be.

3. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Everyone that lives one "our" mountain will pet sit for everyone else. We have 16 birds, 1 rabbit, 1 horse, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. We pet sit for a neighbor iwth 1 dog and 2 cats, another with 1 dog, and another with 2 dogs, a cat, and 6 horses. We all just take turns. It works really well. Maybe you can work something like that out in your neighborhood?