1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

CSI Houston, The case of the missing cranberry

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

The following is based on a true story, No names are included to protect the innocent.
    Last night I was in the kitchen preparing a cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. I had washed the berries and as I was sorting through them one berry made an escape by boldly leaping to the floor. I ignored the truant and finished my preparation by adding the good berries to the pot.
    Now I decided to round up the missing berry but to my horror it was no where to be found. I called 911 and a CSI team arrived. A search of the immediate area revealed no clues as to the disappearance.
    The lead detective interviewed me and I told him that I did notice two suspicious characters lurking around the area when the berry disappeared. I described one as a rather large yellow dog, about 80 pounds, with short hair. He looked like a Labrador Retriever. The other character was smaller and had long flowing brownish red, brown, and white hair, freckles on his face, and a very distinctive spot of blue in his left eye.
    The search party extended their search as I continued to worry over the fate of that poor missing berry. Then….the call came in. The berry had been located two rooms away.
    I rushed to the scene but the detective held me back saying “Sorry sir, don’t look. It’s not a pretty sight.”
    I pushed my way into the room to see my berry lying there, oozing red into the carpet. As James Bond might have said “It was bitten, not chewed.”
    The detective then rounded up the two suspects but both denied any role in the heinous crime. Both were then examined carefully for any traced of berry juice around their mouth but the forensic team could not make a determination at that time. I was told they would send in chin hairs for further DNA testing.
    In the line up both suspects would look you straight in the eye and plead their innocence. One of them is lying.
    Sadly, for lack of evidence, no charges were filed. The case was closed but someday perhaps the Cold Case detectives will find a way to finally solve the mystery.
    Happy Thanksgiving :D