1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

cute and bad?Is that possible?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by KittyTales, May 15, 2006.

1. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

Hey all! I can finally come back to auspet after all that time saving allowance money to get my computer fixed I finnally did it! Go me! Ok so I was sayin' Kumal has grown up to be the cutest but baddest kitty ever! Like every day when she goes outside she brings something back home. Either its moles,snakes, or something else I have no idea where she gets them!Yesterday she almost choked because she caught a snake and while bringing it home it started curling around her neck and she started jumping up and down and running all over the place trying to get it off luckily thou if it hadent been for my little brother I dot know what would have happened to her! And the moles... Those are the ones she hunts the most.I mean dont they normally come out at night?She can find them in the middle of the day when its steaming hot out. She brings them home and my cat Yasha gets so freaked out about them cause hes terrified of rodents bugs or anything like that his fur fluffs up and he sprints away to the nearest hiding spot and you cant find him all day! Kumal also has this bad habit of teasing.Like when I tie up my dog out in the back yard she sees how far his leash streaches and a centimeter away from him she starts rolling on her back meowing and twirling around in circles while poor little Bim is barking his head off.She wakes me up in the middle of the niight by clawing my neck and purring just because she wants me to pet her!If I dont respond dhe will bite my feet until I pay full attention to her.But in other cases she is the sweetest kitty ever! She sleeps with me at night under the covers follows me around everywhere and purrs on my lap each time I sit down anywhere.Like right now she is sleeping cuddled on my lap purring quietly to herself. She loves cuddling and is just the best kitty around.Whats yours kitty like? :D

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Hi KittyTales, Mmmm I'd be worried that she does'nt get Bitten one time :?
    She is certainly playing with fire with snakes, or spiders too..
    Does she have a bell and collar on, sometimes that can help alot with nature, its a kind of a give away to let nature know she's around.. Cats are very very good preditors if left out alot...

My eldest cat Jay, I have 2 cats, Jay is as affectionate as..He so cuddley, like a rag doll lol..But Jasper is a little more fiesty, especially if he gets told off. Its something I was going to discuss on here actually, if he does get told off or clipped a little, he will "hiss" :shock: Jay never ever has, but Jasper does, he is a bit more agressive like that...

I'm hoping he will grow out of it as he is still young and just been desexed, so maybe it will calm him a little.. The 2 of them are completly different, right opposites...

3. vene

vene New Member

Kumal is a natural born huntress. Vene was the same way until she died from being hit by a car. She used to get tapeworm from ingesting goodies outside. :shock: It was next to impossible keeping her indoors as she had the need to hunt, hunt, hunt, and explore the world around her. Indoors she's as cuddly as can be. Before her demise, she'd jump into my arms all the time. Spaying her did not take away her need to hunt. :roll: But it definitely did mellow her out a bit at home and it was necessary for preventing her from getting pregnant. If you don't want her to bring home her hunt or have something "bad" happen to her, you need to make home very entising and entertaining.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi KittyTales. Good to have you back. :D Cats are just natural hunters. When I was a kid we had a cat that as a kitten could not catch anything, so she resorted to catching leaves in the yard. She would pounce on them and proudly bring them into the kitchen. After a few hours there would be a little pile of leaves on the floor for us. I had her for 20.5 years. She was a very cool cat. I think it's funny how your other cat is scared of rodents and such. Hopefully she has learned her lesson with snakes.

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Welcome back, KittyTales.

My one kitty, Mittens, loves to hunt and has brought a lot of things that we had to clean up from the porch. She has picked up tape worms, too, from being outside. Several weeks ago Mittens tangled with another cat and got pretty sick after that. That was the last straw.

I haven't let either of my cats out since and I am going to try to stick to it.
    I always worried about her when she was out and she has had some mishaps. They are taking it pretty well to staying in. I hope I can keep it up.

Best of luck with your kitty.

6. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

Chess that is such an adorable mental picture.

Welcome back KittyTales. everyone has some good advise..and u should deffinately deworm your kitty, coz if she hasn't got something now, she deffinately will.

also consider making her a house kitty? she sounds very adventurous and that could be hazardous to her health in the long run.

7. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

umm...yeah.Kumal was born to Blakie my other cat (Well shes not really mine shes just a stray that was the friendliest kitty ever!) And Kumal was out door at first then we took her in and she became indoor, and then after she got fixed she all of a sudden got this incredible urge to have to go outside. :?