1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Cute or Bad manners?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lil96, May 6, 2009.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

Today as I was walking into the park, pushing the stroller, Luther's leash attached to the handlebar, Luther on his leash, a lab mix and a dalmation jumped Luther, but just for a minute. But in the flash of time I was thisclose to kicking those dogs in the head bc all 3 went between me and the stroller and were pushing the stroller away from me. As the dogs eased up. I noticed the hair on their back was still raised.

The owners were like, why don't you let him (Luther) off the leash to play. I wanted o Yea, I'm letting him off the leash so he can protect himself without putting me, my child and my unborn child in danger.

The lab starts snapping at the stroller, I was really glad today I chose the enclosed stroller! Then it comes from behind me and pushes through my legs. I fall over a little, not to the ground or anything, but like if he had tripped me. The dogs back is taller than my crotch and he keeps doing it to me while I am trying to walk away. The lady kept laughing and saying it is so cute he thinks he's a cat. I was thinking that could be cute when he does it to you, but not cute at all when he knocks over a pregnant lady. I didn't say anything though :oops: I'm a chicken.

So it is my hormones and I don't find it funny bc I can only think of the dangers of it or is it really cute and I can't see that bc it isn't my dog?

2. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Nothing is cute when your dog is annoying and even potentially dangerous to other dogs and people. One of the most aggravating things is when people allow their small dogs to be agressive. They think it's so cute that there little dog is trying to attack my big dog and they don't even think or realize the danger their dogs is in.
    I assume you were not in an official off leash area. One rule I really don't like is that people are allowed to bring toddlers and strollers into our dog park. Duke always wants to go see whats in the stroller and lick whatever he finds. When I see a stroller I immediately move Duke to another area of the park. Same when I see a toddler.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

I hate the little dog acting tough thing! Gets on my nerves.

We were just in a regular park, not a dog park or anything and actually that park only allows dogs on the outside/sidewalk area, they aren't actually allowed to play in the field.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok not trying to sound bitchy here or anything because i'm almost 9 months pregnant myself. But first off, NEVER EVER EVER tie your dogs leash to the stroller!!!! Thats asking for a disaster to happen and YES it is your fault if you do that. You never k now what a dog is going to do or what could happen like in that situation.

Secondly, I would haev got all over that woman for allowing her dog to do that. Its not cute. Speak up and tell someone whats on your mind. Of course not in a rude way but to let them know that you don't appreciate it.

Sorry that happened to you and glad you and babies are ok.

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I cannot stand people that don't control their dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is very rude and very dangerous!!!! I would not attach the leash to the stroller... I would and do tell people what's on my mind.... people with dogs that just let them greet without asking ticks me off!!! mainly because Buster now that he is on steroids is much more protective over me.. He hates little dogs and any dog that barks or lunges at him. We used to visit dog parks but I can't do that anymore with the changes that he has gone through and that is being a responsible pet owner.....I've kicked dogs off of Buster before I've made sure that even though he may be trying to bite back I don't let him if at all possible. Any dog that is snipping at or towards my child and laughing....wow!!!! I would have been all over that no way is/was that cute!!

6. Sara

Sara New Member

Yeah I'd have whacked the dog...kicked etc... especially if he wasn't supposed/allowed to be off leash anyway... I understand your perdicament but I guess through the years I've grown a little intolerant because the dogs I walk would pose a danger to a dog like that at no fault of their own...I'm also afraid of strange dogs so the first thing I think about generally is self defense...

What ensued after I smacked or kicked the dog causing the scene and putting himself, myself and my children in danger would likely not be friendly but legally it'd be my right to defend myself against a dog at large and likely the response of that reality to the owner of said dog would/should give her pause and think perhaps leashing the dog would be in HER best interest as well. I HATE that crap. I have animal control on my speed dial and I would not hesitate to call them and make a complaint and request that the owner be sited... I've done it before...twice in fact. It worked both times.

Anyway just some ideas on how to deal with situations like this...I would absolutely get the owners information if it happens again and make a formal complaint...if it's not allowed then she should be responsible for her lack of responsible dog keeping.