1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

D-Day 2 - My Male Betta (Snowflake) died!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I think you guys who read my thread on my important and urgent need for help for my male white betta, Snowflake. Until, today when I came home from church I found him dead. I feel terrible and I don't know what I did wrong. I mean his last water change was like exactly a week ago and the temperature was good so I don't know. He was happy and everything until like two days ago. When I noticed the big red spot behind his head, around his stomach, and the peeling scales around his neck and stomach. I don't konw what happened and feel bad. I want to buy a new betta by friday, but I don't want the same thing to happen again. So what should I do this time? I feel bad, like it was all my fault. What should I do, should I go with a betta or something else in my 3 gallon fish bowl?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, with a fishbowl i hink a betta is all that can opretty much go in there besides snails and ghost shrimp.....to help prevent ur new betta from getitn it, completly wash out the bowl it was in and whatever was with it, but make suree to only use water and not soap.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Sounds like it could have been septicemia. Since you didn't have him very long, he very well could have had it when you bought him. The only other thing I can think of is checking the pH both straight out of your tap and after the water has set over night. Sometimes water will change pH after it's sat a while and pH changes can be hard on bettas.

-Chelle

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thank you!