1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Dare I say it....Another breed?????

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by BronxthePit, Sep 30, 2004.

1. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

I was thinking,,...what will my next dog be????

I decided I DO NOT want another Boxer. :D I love her to death my my lord she is the most emotional dog (toward my wife and I) I have ever met. And all of my friends that have boxers are the same way. Sweet , adorable with a loyalty to death attitude, but jeez they are like human kids i swear to god! Not to mention they get into everything..they are so damb curious. :shock:

my pitty is GREAT :0019: . He can play , he can learn, or he can just bum around and be lazy like dear old dad, and doesn't care to rumage through stuff or tear up carpet or sofas(least i could say for my boxer at his age).

Im not sure if i want another Pit(red nose this time) or maybe like Rottweiler or a Bull Mastiff or something.If not another pit than def a BIG dog. and no Dobermans....yeck. :roll:

What do ya'll think/What other dogs do you have besides pits?

btw we have a Cool board here (once all the differences were settled ahhaa) :0020:

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Right now my Pits are it. But 14 yrs ago I smuggled a puppy across the border of Mexico and he was a Rhodesian Ridgeback/greyhound mix(?) He was the absolute coolest dog on the planet. He's been gone for almost 2 yrs. now and I'm still missing him. If I could find another dog just like him, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

I have never owned a pitt or a boxer but i did have a rottie she was the best dog in the world always thought she was a lap dog all 100lbs of her would jump on the couch and in your lap lol, she loved to swim, chase bugs and shadows in the back yard loved to play with my kids, loved to rip up cardboard boxes the ony bad thing was NO WRESTLING in the house she wanted to play to or maybe she thought we would hurt each other or something but if we wrestled one of us would get bit we learned very quickly not to play rough around her. I lost her in march if i decided to get another big dog it would defenitly be another rottie. (i have 2 yorkies now)

Rene

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Other than various stray dogs that I dragged to my grandmother's when I was little, I've only owned some Terrier mix puppy (will not ever adopt another pup of unknown parentage again - adults, yes - but not pups - he was a nightmare!) and my APBTs. I can't see myself ever owning another breed. Although, I guess those American Staffordshire Terriers are okay. :mrgreen:

5. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Ive always liked blue heelers and australian Shepherds, a basenji, and bull and terrier or bully breed. Probably an Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog

6. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

i like the bull terriers now they are cool. i didn't like them before because of their long snout. But i dont want a dog thats smaller than my other two dogs.

im really favoring the rottys atm. i've seen some really nice ones online.

anyone ever have a mastiff??

7. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

The only breed for me is APBTs.

But other breeds are okay too. :mrgreen:
    Boxers
    Dobies
    Belgian Malinios
    American Bulldog
    Bandog
    Basenji

8. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

I love the pits the best.
    I do rescue & foster care and I recently fostered fell in love with a german shepherd dog and learned about their temperament. He was an awsome dog. I also owned a great :mrgreen: dobie when I was younger. Im not too big on the retreiver's lately only because my own bit me badly. I guess I would never be without a pitbull. Thats my favorite breed. It does not have to be a pure breed or a special look I think I just love their overall personalitys the best.

9. SugarLovesPits

SugarLovesPits New Member

Although i have no idea what breed of dog would be best for you that's really something you've got to decide for yourself I would really like to make a suggestion how bout a shelter dog i work at an aspca and there are so many loving dogs in desperate need of a forever home including many pit and pit mixes. Please consider it! :y_the_best:

10. Sara

Sara New Member

I own Boerboels and Pits... PIts will always be my favorite but I've heard from MANY people that Boerboels are VERY similar to pits in basic personality type traits... As far as human and animal aggression and prey drive it's not that similar... But they're good dogs and before you get a bullmastiff I'd tell you to take a serious look into Boerboels... There are plenty of them out there who are looking for pet homes etc... Choose wisely though there's BYB's out there on the "rare breed" kick so you have to watch who you choose to get one from...

I'd go with an adult "rescue" type and learn extensive ammounts about the breed...no matter what you choose.

11. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

i've made my decision...... :0013:

my decision is.......................................a german rott :) , i looked at the mastiff and met a few....Daaaanng thats a big dog.. What i didn't like was the amount of slobber those things produce. I know rotts slobb to but not that much. my uncle had three german rotts. pretty dogs. big ol teddy bears, but also protective.

12. Sara

Sara New Member

Good choice but hard dog...

A Mastiff is not a Mastiff is not a Mastiff... THere are different types and meeting one type does not mean you know what the other types are about... My Boerboel's slobber as much as any Rott I've ever met... Be ready to train and train and train your Rott...unless of course he's more of a show line dog... Rotts are hard dogs...but good ones none-the-less... Make sure you learn how to deal with dominant dogs because Rotts are definately dominant.

13. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

I'm not sure I understand that post....

A mastiff may not be a mastiff may not be a mastiff (??????) , but surely an extra LARGE breed like the english mastiff would(should) still slobber and drool just like the next english mastiff?? pretty much just like most if not all St. Benards drool and slobber ALOT. Thats just kind of associated with a pretty large dog like that or each breed....like most all chihuahua's shake+shiver...... (right?????)

14. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Bronx. My BIL has a german Rott. He's 115lb and the dumbest dog in the world!!!!! His head is slightly bigger than a baskett ball. His name is GOOSE.

The dog, seriously, will sit up and stare at the sky. NOthing there!!!!
    He has mastered Sit and down. I honestly think he's mentally retarded. How to prove it, I don't know....

BUt he's a cool dog. Beautiful, other than in the summer. He's allergic to grass of all things so all his hair falls out on his legs, chest and belly and sides.....despite allergy shots. Just walking outside (off the grass) he'llget scratchy.

15. Sara

Sara New Member

There are different types of mastiffs... Neopolitan Mastiffs will drool more than say a Dogo Argentino... Boerboels drool less than English Mastiffs...but Dogue De Boerdeoux drool less than Neo's...etc... See what I'm saying now??? a Mastiff is a type...an English mastiff is a breed... Chi's are a breed not a type... St. are a type of Mastiff or Molosser breed...(I think...LOL) Cane Corso's don't drool as much as Neo's... Presa's hardly drool at all...on and on and on... All of them are "mastiffs"

16. BronxthePit

BronxthePit New Member

:lol:

Sams : HAHAHAA "which way did he go george? which way did he go?" hahahahah thats funny :) . a relative of mine had one who farted alot...lordy they were SOOOO BAD...could clear a room. My uncle had....3...?? or 4.....two he lost to parvo ..or some doggy disease...... one was lazy , the other was really active..wanna be lap dog, but really protective... i think the other was to i cant remember its been a while.

17. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

They are good dog. But one thing with him, He's VERY dog agressive. He doesn't mind the pom. or the Chi, but anything bigger than that, and he can't stand them.

He will knotice his "stubby tail" every now and then and totally freek out!!! He will start runing like its chasing him!!! But once you devert his attention, he's fine. But boy when he gets on a mental trip like that, you can't help but sit back and just laugh your butt off!!! Poor guy, he has such a complex. But he's loved sooo much. I can't imagine what he'd do if he had a normal tail!!!

18. neek

neek New Member

I'd say a shepherd, they are great with people/kids and are highly trainable but I suppose they are dog aggressive although they are loyal, other than that I'd definately say another pitbull :|

19. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I love Rotties but I am with Sams. My grandfather has a german rott and she is dumb as a brick. Do you know how many times he has taken her to obedience class? 5, yes 5 times, the 4 months old puppies do better than her. If she does manage to learn something she forgets it on the ride home. Very lovable though, I do need to say that. Just stubborn or stupid not sure which!

20. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

Im a fan of all sorts of mastiffs my self, my lord there are so many.

Loki is half neopolitan and takes on lots of the traits. most neos i have met are content to lay around where ever u are, and train easy with consistant
    rep's

I want an oe masttif my self