1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

deoderize?????

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by oso, Jun 18, 2004.

1. oso

oso New Member

One big reason I never got a pet was cause I didn't want my house to smell like pets, my friend has two cats and I cant even go into her house, well I was outside today, and when I came back in I could smell pee. :0021: . I have wood floors. Any suggestions on what would get the smell out?????

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Have you tried Nature's Miracle? Make sure it is okay to use on wood first - perhaps spot test it.

Jamiya

3. oso

oso New Member

NO, I NEVER HAVE WHAT IS IT?

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It is sold at most pet stores, along with other similar products. It is an odor neutralizer, which means it contains some sort of enzymes that actually get rid of the odor instead of just trying to cover it up.

It also comes in a version specifically for cat odors. There's nothing worse than cat pee. Well, except for that diarrhea Bonnie had....

Jamiya

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I also have wood flooring in my kitchen. Vinegar & water works great it eliminates the urine smell and also makes wood floors very shiny!

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

This will probably sound strange but, I used an antibactrial floor cleaner, let it dry then used Murphy's Oil Soap and got that super clean smell and the shine too. But, I have heard great things about Nature's Miracle and will be purchasing some of their fine products today! (namely the no biting spray Jamiya spoke of earlier!!!)

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What dilution of vinegar/water do you use, Gina?

Jamiya

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Jamiya I use 1/3 cup vinegar with 2/3 cups water and you can use white vinegar or the cider vinegar. For hardwood floors just spray it on then use a towel to wipe it up after about 5 minutes. I spray it on then use a dry mop to mop it up. As for carpet. Apply it to the spot then leave it for about 20 minutes then soak it up with a towel and when it's completely dry sprinkle it with baking soda and then vacuum it up after a few hours. It really works wonders it neutralizes the odor permanently. It will of course make your house smell strong of vinegar but it completely wipes out any urine smell.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I am going to start using vinegar/water as a general disinfectant. I used to use antibacterial stuff, until someone pointed out that all the anti-bacterial products are just as bad as far as creating resistant bacteria as is overuse of oral antibiotics. I think I read it in Discover magazine, actually. I had never thought of that! And with the dogs eating raw food, I need to disinfect my preparation area fairly often.

Jamiya