1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

depressed mama dog

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by boxermama, Jun 19, 2004.

1. boxermama

boxermama New Member

:cry: :?: I have a four year old boxer. She delivered her second litter of pups on Sunday-Monday. They were born too early to survive. Since the birth, she will not eat. She will only drink water and she throws that up. She mopes around or lays in a chair. When outside she seems okay, running around and all, but very mopey otherwise. I really think she is depressed and doesn't understand where the puppies are. Any thoughts please. All thoughts and answers gratefully appreciated.

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Has she been checked by the vet to make sure there are no physical problems? Other than that I am not sure what to do besides give her lots of love and attention.

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Hello, And Welcome to the board.
    I am very sorry for your loss. Your girl could also have an infection that is making her ill. The throwing up and the moping sounds suspicious. If you have not already I would have her checked out by the vet.
    Good Luck to you.

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HI your female needs to be seen by a vet asap as this is typical signs of Eclampsia which is very fatal unless treated.

For her to give birth early is a sign that there is either and infection of the womb or uterus this is why all dogs should be screened befroe and after mating to make sure all is well.

Please get her to the vets asap.

Mike

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yeah, I thought maybe pyometria(sp) also infection of the uterus, right. If she did not expell everything that could cause an infection. Its best she gets a check up just for her saftey. If it is depression which does happen, just give her lots and lots of hugs . Keep her busy.

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thank you Puttin, I was thinking about that but u know when you know what it is but cant think of the name lol.

Pyometra will also cause the same problems and is also fatal if not treated as if everything was not expelled this becomes toxic inturn poisons the female.

Please let us know how she gets on at the vets.

mike

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Boxermama, how is your dog doing today?

Jamiya

8. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Charmed: I was just happy to be able to add something different. You always have great advise. I always remember watching the E.R. vet show and their was a husky that had pups I believe that was brought in that had that problem. The vet said they had a saying"Never let the sun set on a pyometria" Thus the importance of it.

9. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Boxermomma, Hello and I hope everything is good now. Are you the sameone i know? If so i still have baby. Sure hope the vet found out what was wrong and WELCOME.