1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Disgraceful

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

yes it is :x , just cant believe some people

3. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

People like that have to be very sick....
    What can the average person like myself do to help STOP things like this, Sam??? I watch all of those programs on ANimal Planet... like Animal Precinct, Animal Cops, etc.,.... They make me cry, they make me angry... they make me feel like I need to do SOMETHING!! But I just don't always know what that is. I'm not a person with a lot of extra money or time, but I'm also not looking to use that as an excuse. I give money when I can to shelters and organizations that help... but it's not enough, I don't think.

4. Rene

Rene New Member

oh those poor poor dogs i really dont understand what would make a person want to do something like that and watch them suffer

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I think they should lock somebody like that up and feed them nothing but a couple of pieces moldy bread and some swamp water with mosquito larvae swimming in it and nothing else. And if they're on their best behavior, some rotten meat with maggots crawling on it.

Come to think of it, that would be too good for the likes of that scum.

6. nern

nern New Member

That is so sad. Is it really that difficult to feed a dog?? :x

7. Jody

Jody New Member

I second that. It's disgusting to see things like this happen.

8. oso

oso New Member

THAT'S HORRIBLE, I JUST DON'T SEE HOW PEOPLE CAN DO THAT! HOW IN THE HECK COULD SOMBODY BE SO COLDHEARTED!

9. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

Not a person and innate and unknown substance resembling a human.
    But yet at the same time you have to feel not just sorry for the animal but for the one who would do such a thing. Maybe they lacked the love from there mother and father, the touch of understanding the giving of passion. What ever the reason we need to help those that don't see the light and love in the hearts of our friends. Teach them so they can teach others.

2pyrs

10. Samsintentions

Well last night I was furious! i was playing with Red in the living room and eating dinner, and a story came on the news. A Pound in Brookshire let a pit bull that was hit by a car, had a broken spine, pelvis and femurs, and they just let him sit there and suffer!
    Their excuese was their funds wouldn't cover it, and when asked why they didn't put the dog down, they said there weren't funds to do that either. I was horrified!

Then a lady came on there, and she took the dog. Just walked out with it, and after efforts to help him they had him put down.

Pam, There are many things you can do.
    Foster
    Do inspections on Pounds and shelters in your area
    donate time, money, goods
    Help put the word out there about this horrible problem.

One thing I do, and I do it everytime. when I go to Houston or any other shelters (and I do often) I look around and do an inspection. If I see ANYTHING out of line or suspicious. I bring it to the directors attention. Then I will come back the next day to see if its been taken care of. If not, I'll report them.

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Being an abuse survivor myself, I can tell that it is most times the abusers having been abused, made to feel powerless that leads them to exert power over another helpless being, as they were made to feel. Usually, abuse survivors either fall into the same trap or they go the opposite way to the extreme of becoming a full time victim (which is what happened to me until I got I help). This is in no way an excuse for these abusers. Just some insight in the area that I had no choice but to become educated on. I am actually less tolerant having had experience because I believe that once you know what is going on with you and the effects or potential effects it can have on you and those around you, you are responsible for the change. Even if it is not your fault you were placed in this position to begin with. So, having lectured on that! Let me say that I would have less mercy for these vile pieces of crap than most.

12. Samsintentions

Oh I'd be subjecting them to the exact torture they put the animals through. I could never be a judge or part of the law.... The only thing that comes to min as far as their punishment goes, extreme and inhumane torture!

13. dogangel

dogangel New Member

:x What makes me even angrier is knowing that this sorry excuse of a human who starves to death 4 innocent souls is going to end up just paying some kind of fine and maybe a couple of months of community service!!!.... It is outrageous how leniant (sp?) the laws are in these cases!!!!