1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do any of you have goldfish??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Petz8888, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Do you have goldfish?

If you do please state what kind , how hany, how long you have hade them
    and your user name so I know who knows about goldfish. I am an expert , so if you need help, pm me. :y_the_best:

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

<-- Username

I have 3 fantails and 2 shubunkins in my 750 gallon pond (expanding it and adding more fish in the spring).

I've had them since early spring. The fantails where only about 2" when I got them and they're now at least 4". The shubunkins where 3" and they're now getting close to 6".

It's odd, but everyone told me that they would go sort of dormant this winter and once the temp dropped below 50* or so, I probably wouldn't see them again until spring. But they've been active all winter. There was snow on the ground Saturday and they where having a little fishy party in the pond. I do still put a tiny bit of food in every day and they're still eating but they have cut back considerably.

-Chelle

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have a two goldfish in my convict cichlid tank that were feeder fish for my two oscars (until they and about 10+ convicts died) but the oscars were lazy and tired of going to the trouble of chasing feeder treats, so they were friends with the goldfish! Then when the fish started to die, the goldfish somehow managed to live with the 5 remaining baby convicts. Now the five female convicts are about 2.5 - 3 inches and are still in the tank with goldfish. I just let everyone stay in their. However, I want to get rid of the goldfish, but I'll feel bad if I give them to the local fish store as feeders and not one wants common feeder goldfish anymore, also one of them are blind in one eye. Oh well.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You need to build a pond. :wink:

-Chelle

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I know that a long time ago, in the summer I made a post saying that I was going to buy a pond perhaps 50 gallons. I went to the store planning on buying the pond, but then I didn't cause I didn't want to be bogged down with responsibilities in school, extracuriculars, work, and everything else and not have enough time to maintain the pond so I decided not to build the pond. Even though I wished I could.

6. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

I would take your common goldfish!!!

If you live near to me!!!

7. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Yes I have 3 golfish and one lost his tail! Please help It's not fin rot though so so you have any Ideas what is could be?

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I have a hugely over grown feeder in my 55gallon tank. Just a common comet

9. iobre8ks

iobre8ks New Member

fantail
    2 weeks(got them for free from a lady)
    iobre8ks