1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Do fishes just dissapear sometimes?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by RottweilersRule, Sep 25, 2004.

1. RottweilersRule

RottweilersRule New Member

I thought I had 10 Tiger Barbs and the other day I counted them and I only had 9. I don't have that much decoration so I would have found it by then If it was hiding or dead. And my aquarium ain't that big either (29g). Not unless one of my other fishes demolished it and ate it, but I highly doubt that. The Tiger Barbs also lives with a Red Tail Shark, 2 Clown Loaches (1 adult, 1 kid), 6 Red Eye Tetra's, and a baby Columbian Shark. And I feed them pretty well I believe (twice a day + give them pellets sometimes for treats). My aquarium ain't fully covered but Tiger barbs ain't jumpers... and I also carefully thoroughly checked the surroundings near the aquarium.. and came up with nothing. So like the topic implies do fishes sometimes dissapear? Or have I miscounted... (I doubt that I miscounted)... anyways there goes my rant.. laters!!

2. crossouttheeyes

crossouttheeyes New Member

Either you ain't counting them right or the other fish made it dinner. If he died over night there is a good chance that your bottom feeder got to it. Just to be safe I would fully cover your tank. I had a 35x7 gap in the top of my 60 gal. and one of my fish jumped out.

3. RottweilersRule

re

thanks bro

4. Bl@cky

Bl@cky New Member

i had 2 electric yellows in a 55 gal by themselves first night one gone third night second gone

i pulled everything out of the tank no fish not even a trace

they could jump out the thing had lids on them there was no gap for them to get through

maybe your fish was taken by the fish genuie like mine was?????? :roll:

5. RottweilersRule

re

lol come to think of it hmmmmmmm.....

6. Pacuguy

Pacuguy New Member

over the years i have had many fish go missing, mostly when i was starting out and the fish i had were small tetras and such.

7. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

Ive had fish go missing also. Weirdest thing...my fish wasnt a jumper, but low and behold it dissapeared. it was like 1 1/2 inches too! Do any of you "fish-missers" have cats? My cat was always pretty good about my fish but that seems to be the most logical explanation for my circumstances...I think maybe the cat picked it out of the water and left it on the floor where my dog must have eaten it.

8. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

My guess is that it became dinner, too...But if you're still curious, check your filter thoroughly!

9. M_wm

M_wm New Member

in my 55gallon 8 Goldfish disappeared

10. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

my bro had a bala in a african cichlid tank and it disappered cleaned the filter and there it was in pieces. also i lost a 10" clown knife where it went i dont know :? . i also lost a blood parrot($20) to my cat.